Born to Protect: Is this you?

Some people are born to protect…

Who are you born to protect?

11 Likes

My wife, when my kids come to visit, them and their wives, my granddaughter and friends I’m with. Then myself. I believe I’d do more to protect them than me.

10 Likes

I LOVE IT!

5 Likes

Human’s nature is to protect own kids… no doubt all of us are born to do so !

7 Likes

My family, and friends.

7 Likes

Family, friends, & myself…

…and anyone else who happens to be nearby when I’m protecting the above :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Anyone in need that I can LEGALLY protect.

6 Likes

Wife, Daughter, me at a distant 3rd. Anyone who needed protection that I could protect without putting myself in legal jeapordy.

7 Likes

As a man it is my God ordained duty to protect my family. Immediate family, extended family, church family, human family. I take it seriously.

9 Likes

Family first, Others present second. My church and those attending services or events.

8 Likes

Through my recent studying. I have no doubt some a born with a unique desire/ability to protect those who can’t protect themselves. (Not being able to protect yourself could simply mean you got ambushed or are outnumbered not neccesarily due to lack of ability)

Of course family comes first but as previously mentioned we all have extended families to a certain extent. And I personally don’t have varying levels of willingness to protect. If it’s family, friends, church family or some innocent bystander ALL legal means of self defense are on the table.

6 Likes

I agree that it is human nature for people to want to protect their children, but I don’t know if everyone is prepared to make that sacrifice in time, training, and mental preparation.

5 Likes

There will always be exceptions, sometimes they’re good sometimes bad.

I believe that people have become so disconnected thru technology that the compassion for another human life other than your own is becoming more and more scarce.

4 Likes

Living in Europe I was prepared to fight for my kids and wife with bare hands. There was no guns… Training was not required :fist_right: :facepunch: :fist_left:
Here, in USA training is a must. I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to draw my firearm and point on somebody without proper mental and physical training.

4 Likes

Just a Lesson to learn to be a GREATER Person that is Born to Protect. Once we train to carry a loaded firearm, to able to maintain and be that Priceless Individual. That Person has chosen to be Responsible and Loving to protect their Families and close Friends.

This person trains faithfully to be their very best to service and handle their equipment at all times. to always keep a very close watch on their family and helps others to be safe. I only wish to give everyone a reminder and tools to be even better. This USCCA Article gives us a great deal of information to keep us safe. Thank You !

4 Likes

I agree with you there, @Sheepdog556. There was a security officer beaten outside of a McDonalds on the north side of Chicago and no one helped. They recorded it with their cell phones, but didn’t help. (This was at least a year ago.) That scares me and makes me sad for the next generation. :frowning:

3 Likes

Growing up I remember helping neighbors was a daily occurrence. Even strangers in a store if they were short on what they owed. This don’t happen anymore. Why? Because we trust people less and less every year. The golden rule doesn’t exist anymore.

4 Likes

@John150,

Every year, I go to this great Christmas :evergreen_tree: farm near my house. I always buy at least one tree for a uniformed military, LEO, First Responder, really whatever.

One year, it was an Army Captain, and he went smooth off on me, my wife, and my daughter. Said he didn’t need our fake sympathy. That he could afford his own tree.

My daughter was in tears, she was so mortified. The owner came over, and told the Captain that I had been doing this for more than a decade. He refunded my money, took the tree, put it on the Captains truck and told him to never come back.

The man’s wife came over and apologised profusely, I told her don’t apologize to me, apologize to my daughter.

My daughter was like 12 at the time and she had been picking out who to give the :evergreen_tree: to for years.

5 Likes

Sorry you and your daughter had to experience that. That’s why most don’t do good deeds anymore. I try, but it gets harder to do each year.

2 Likes

Wow… They do say “no good deed goes unpunished”. Sorry your daughter had to experience that.

2 Likes