Bore snakes?

They make them in a bunch of other sizes, that kit just has the most popular ones in it. The Ripcord ones are actual cable pulls and not just woven fabric. They are almost impossible to rip in half with the way they are made

1 Like

Curious that they’re also not clear on sizing for my request.

6mm for .25? 8mm for .32?

2 Likes

I’d say yes to both. The .25 I worked on was marked 6.35mm

And you already know .32 calculates to ~8.1mm

3 Likes

… not to mention a 25% discount for USCCA members.

3 Likes

Yeah, that should be correct.

1 Like

From where? Thanks.

Behind the log-in look for the Perks and Discount page under Membership Benefits.

2 Likes

From the world of air rifles and BB guns, I read about making a different version - home made. I think it’s similar to what John292 posted above:

• Thick heavier grade replacement grass/weed trimmer line (from the hardware store)
  • Wide enough to cut a hole in it, thin enough to fit your barrel
  • Cut it longer than the barrel for enough levarage
  • Run a patch thru the hole in the cord
  • Use a drinking straw to guide the it into the barrel, non patch in first, patch end at the end
  • Pull it through
  • Now, no excuse not to safety inspect and clean your barrels at the range or hunting
  • No need for washing a bore snake

I’ve not figured out a way to add bristles/brush yet.

Tried the Hoppe’s .257-.264 in my .25 ACP thug gun, but due to the stitching between the cord and cleaning segment, it wouldn’t even enter the bore. Not sure if it is a defect or if tolerances are really this tight. Failure…

Tried the Otis .30/.308/.30-06/7.62/.32/8mm on the .32 ACP Tomcat. I like the design. There is minimal drag…nearly nothing, so it seems like a failure too.

This is starting to feel like collecting crap holsters. lol I can always retreat to the metal brushes I bought years ago.

1 Like

HOPPES BORE SNAKES part numbers. Hope this helps someone.

Caliber to Millimeter Converter- Convert Caliber to Millimeter
Millimeter to Caliber Converter- Convert Millimeter to Caliber

2 Likes

Based on your recommendation, I ordered the 22lr/223/5.56 from Amazon yesterday. I passed on the USCCA discount in lieu of free shipping.

Amazon.com : OTIS Ripcord for .22Cal .223 Cal/5.56mm, 36-Inch, Multi, (FG-RC-325) : Gun Snakes : Sports & Outdoors

2 Likes