Blast from the Past

4 Likes

I remember my parents complaining about gas hitting 26 cents per gallon. Gosh, inflation must be really bad, I cannot find a “cents” symbol on my keyboard!

3 Likes

Heh, back then Christopher_S1, I was looking at Kawasaki mini bike ads in Boys Life and thinking about how many tanks of gas I was gonna use for a buck. Somehow I always put the cart before the horse and never did get the minibike.

2 Likes

@Michael491, Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

I did love watching the Munsters as a kid. I met Fred Gwynn in person he was a nice humble man. One of the stations I was assigned to, Bleecker Street, was Mr. Gwynn’s home station and he would board the train there to travel. He would always talk the police and others at the station.

3 Likes

That is very cool @Johnnyq60. I always liked him as well, and am glad to have my notion of what he must be like reaffirmed.

I enjoyed The Munsters too, but was more of an Addams Family guy.

2 Likes

Alces_Americanus and Johnnyq60 - watched The Munsters series recently, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Herman was good natured but had some major character flaws like all of us. Too bad for Fred Gwynn that Herman Munster defined his career. He was great in “My Cousin Vinnie,” and was in “Pet Cemetary,” also watch for a small scene in “Fatal Attraction.”

3 Likes

Don’t forget…

3 Likes

Wow, never saw that series! Been looking for older comedies. Thanks!

And to bring this full circle for @Johnnyq60, Toody and Muldoon (Gwynne) were NYPD.

3 Likes

“Car 54, Where are you?” Yep. I’m old.

1 Like

Richard56, welcome to the geriatric generation.

1 Like

Thanks. The road to get here was long and hard. The trick now is to slow down enough to make sure I don’t reach the finish line too soon.

3 Likes

”We thought our life by analogy was a journey with a pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the thing was to get to that end, success or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you’re dead. But we missed the point the whole way along. It was a musical thing, and you were supposed to sing or dance while the music was being played.”

Alan Watts

1 Like