Biden Vows to Defeat the NRA

Just some news folks…

Quote from Epoch Times article…
President-elect Joe Biden on Jan. 8 promised to “defeat” the National Rifle Association while he’s in office.
Biden’s official Twitter account was responding to former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), who was among 14 people wounded in a shooting rampage by Jared Lee Loughner in Tucson in 2011; six people died in the attack. Giffords had recounted how her life and community “changed forever.”
“But the attack did not break me—or the people I represented in Congress. We came together, turned pain into purpose, and found hope in each other,” she wrote, adding that she continues to work to “achieve a safer America.”
Biden responded, saying: “Your perseverance and immeasurable courage continue to inspire me and millions of others. I pledge to continue to work with you—and with survivors, families, and advocates across the country—to defeat the NRA and end our epidemic of gun violence.”
The NRA, which has more than 5 million members, seeks to protect and educate people about their Second Amendment rights."

Here’s more of the article

"While the association didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment on Biden’s post, its lobbying arm recently published an article that says Biden would “begin a concerted attack on the rights of American gun owners” after being inaugurated.

“We must be ready for the onslaught,” the post reads, adding that a Biden administration, if officials get their way, “will ban and confiscate the most-commonly-owned rifle in the United States” and “will arbitrarily limit the number of guns that can be bought per month,” among other measures.

Biden’s website says he has a plan to end “our gun violence epidemic” and boasts that he has taken on the NRA twice and won, referring to his help passing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act in 1993 and in passing a 10-year ban on some weapons and magazines the following year.

“As president, Joe Biden will defeat the NRA again,” the site states.

Some of the proposals include banning the manufacture and sale of so-called assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, restricting the number of guns one person may buy per month to one, and prohibiting people convicted of hate crimes from owning guns."

Just some news folks…

8 Likes

Before or after he kills one of his own family members with his shotgun on the other side of a closed door?

6 Likes

Just wanted to say great post, I have nothing I can add and stay within community guidelines. But thank you for the information

3 Likes

Hum? Twelve new guns a year? I don’t know if I can keep up. I mean, there are things like ammunition and targets, gas to get to the range, solvents to keep the guns I do shoot clean… And, then there’s ammunition, can’t forget that… I wonder if the manufacturers will sell me guns cheaper than they did last year? Just b’cause? Uno?

1 Like

Read this somewhere before. You should start with the bad guys 1st, you know, like a trial run.
& @Brad i think he told his wife this about going out to the porch. I think he hates his wife.

Keep trying. It’s not cheap but at least I’ve found some. Bought some yesterday. They had plenty. Later that day my son said we’re we’re out already. I think everyone is stockpiling out of fear. These prices are caused from supply and demand. Everyone is making a killing at these inflated prices.

2 Likes

Funny, how he doesn’t mention the Illinois Democrat that shot up a Republican baseball game in the DC area.

8 Likes

Highly doubtful. He hasn’t accomplished a single thing in his 47 year political career.

3 Likes

Now that I joined the USCCA are they gonna call me 20 times a week asking for money like the NRA did?

(sarcasm)…no, they do that with e-mail.

2 Likes

@Paul227 , no, the USCCA is not a non-profit. They just promote sales of merchandise and selfdefense classes. If they started calling me regularly I’d block them and go elsewhere. :rofl:

Dosent look lik people are taking this seriously from the comments below. He has not wavered from stating that he would go after guns, if he takes down the NRA all these other small gun groups fairly new to the scene will fall as well.

1 Like

Like all bad employees who keep their knowedge to keep their job (while harming their companies and coworkers), the NRA has held people hostage long enough, and I don’t think that I’d make a good hostage. In this stand off…they change first, then people like me join. One in the hand, and all.

2 Likes

By the NRA going along with, or writing bad legislation, ala the 1934 NFA (which the then-NRA president stated he did not believe private citizens should be allowed to own handguns), the 1938 FFA, the 1968 GCA, the 1986 FOPA (say that as a word, and the irony is visceral), the 1994 “assault” weapons ban, and the recent “bump stock” ban and agreeing with “certain” red flag laws.

1 Like

That is certainly a way to look at problems. Not my way, though.

1 Like

I am a life member, and a member of several other rights groups, too. Each has done good at some point. The NRA training classes is where they excel, their 2A record is full of .45ACP holes or worse, as I mentioned above. They wouldn’t even help the VCDL last year at Lobby Day, and even made the activism harder by confusing people about which day to show-up at the Capitol. I was at a gun show as a VCDL rep the beginning of January 2020 and had to repeatedly explain that the NRA was doing their thing about 2 weeks before Lobby Day; it confused many of them. Most people can’t just take off whenever they want, so they had to pick which day to go.

2 Likes

I don’t like it when politicians talk about defeating civil rights organizations.

3 Likes

If you want to be involved with an NRA associated organization, check out Friends of the NRA. They are the grass roots, boots on the ground folks. They raise money, to donate to shooting organizations. Just this last year, the local Friends group donated 30,000 rounds of 22, and an equally large monetary amount for the shotgun team, to our county 4H.

5 Likes

Biden has declared wat, sitting things oit only gives him an advantage. Once NRA is gone all other groups will fall like dominoes. GOA is made up of washington insider’s they know all.of this, yet they appear to be sitting things out…why?

1 Like

The NRA has failed us. Aside from the USCCA, I have a few names in mind:

• Gun Owners of America

• Firearms Policy Coalition

These guys have been fighting tooth and nail; they’ve done more than the NRA lied about!

3 Likes