Best Shotgun for Home Defense

There’s a great blog post on home defense shotgun accessories. You can see more here: Home-Defense Shotgun Accessories

1 Like

I currently have a Mossberg 535 and its loaded with 5 00 buck rounds with a game load as the last round. This shotgun is not the first choice I go with as I have 3 other pistols I will use first. Pistols provide for me better maneuverability over than the shotgun.

3 Likes

Check this barrel out for that 535. 22 inches, fiber optic sights, and its ported. Would cut the length down, give you good sights, and help with the recoil. The 535 does handle it well, but, it’s still a 12 gauge.
https://www.mossberg.com/store/535-ats-12-gauge-vent-rib-barrel-fo-adjustable-sights-22-mo-obsession-17366ob.html

1 Like

Here is my 535 ATS. This has the 20 inch barrel

3 Likes

That is were my fun money comes from!

1 Like

A pump or semi-auto that fits you. Many people that buy long guns fail to make alterations to the firearm to ensure it fits properly. There is a formula for that and its not difficult for follow, A well fitted long gun makes all the difference in the world when you bring it up to your shoulder and it involves installing a proper size butt pad. The movement of bringing a long gun up is that it should be in one fluid and fast motion without having to make adjustments. My own personal view on firearms for home defense is that you shoot it well, its reliable, and not expensive because if your involved in a self defense shooting, the police will take your firearm as evidence. It doesn’t hurt as much if they take a $200 shotgun vs. a $1,200 gun.

1 Like