Best Budget AR?

I’m looking at rifles. If I go for an AR-15, there are a handful of options in my price range. I’ve seen the Saint, the M&P Sport, and I’ve heard of the Palemento State Armory. What would y’all prefer? If I get an AR, I’m leaning towards the M&P… because all my current guns are M&Ps and I like S&W with my experience.

3 Likes

My M&P has been great. No issues and was sub $500 pre-virus including extras like a bag, light, etc.

4 Likes

I have had nothing but great performance from my M&P 15. I have run her hard and never a single malfunction. I think it is a lot of AR15 for not a lot of money. I highly recommend it.

4 Likes

I recently got a saint victor and love it

4 Likes

Another great AR the Saint.

4 Likes

I have never heard anyone complain about an M&P Sport. If you like S&W I don’t see a reason to look any further.

That said, PSA (Palmetto State Armory) is a great choice. I usually describe it as “inexpensive, not cheap”. You must read the descriptions as they have a boatload of similar variations. If you catch a good sale, you could be all in for a complete rifle with irons & RDS for < $600.

4 Likes

I have zero issues with the functionality of my Saint. I do dislike the handguard, primarily because of where the attachment slots are. It’s not a deal breaker.

I also like the PSA AR pistol i built with an Anderson lower. Both work fine. I haven’t heard of any issues with the M&P ARs, I don’t own one primarily because I bought my Saint when it was on sale.

4 Likes

I also have the Springfield Saint pistol and love it!

7 Likes

I love, LOVE my Rugar 556! I’m like you, I have bunch of S&Ws but wanted one different and not expensive,

Check it out!

4 Likes