Bank robber with 2 hostages gets FAFO moment

Police sniper takes him out.

13 Likes

Great shot

6 Likes

That’s what I like to see. Bad guys taken out for good. LEOs actually working to fight a real criminal not harassing a J-walker……Barney put that bullet back in your pocket.

5 Likes

“BEWARE OF THE RED MIST!”

Kind of hard to say Hello to St.Peter at da Purly gates when ya don’t have a face!

No, I’m not Violent! I’m Blood Thirsty! There’s a difference :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: FAFO DUDE! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
PS: I dug the Tac guy that became a weapons platform holding his hand on the top of his helmet in front of the Sniper, Human Bi-Pod (also shading his Sniper so he could take the shot).

Textbook!
WWG1WGA

4 Likes

Wonder how much she got on her?

Quick search shows .308 to the dome makes a big mess!

3 Likes

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO MORE SLUGGO! (SNL reference for you youngin’s)

3 Likes

That is one amazing shot! Chalk one up for the good guys.

7 Likes

Popped like an overfed tick!

2 Likes

One .308 round = $1.50 vs 30 years of public defenders, incarceration etc = millions. Winning!

9 Likes

Hi Mr. Bill!

2 Likes

The Sheriff’s comments afterward were good. He said “how you train is how you perform.” He’s 100% correct.

Great job by the Lee County guys.

8 Likes

If I may quote Jackie Gleason: “How sweet it is!”

1 Like

Hopefully someone can help me understand the purpose of the guy circled in the screen shot below. Initially I thought he was there for additional stabilization of the human weapon platform. But watching the video it seems like the human weapon platform was trying to move him out of the way, but he didn’t want to move. Even though he had muffs on, a suppressed 308 is still going to be about 150dB where he was standing.

1 Like

For a few moments in the video it appeared that he may have been acting as a screen to hide the sniper who was setting up the shot. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Because the monitor was at an angle, I would have been concerned that the bullet might have deflected off of it and changed direction enough to hit the hostage instead. Wonder how much they practice shooting through various forms of concealment?

4 Likes

Watching this video, the computer monitor continued to work after the shot. (See white part on top right of screen)

In the video, the narrator says firing through barriers is a trained, and routinely practiced skill.

5 Likes

I wonder if he had to take bullet deflection into account? I took a defensive firearm class where we skipped bullets off the top of 50 gallon plastic drums. The direction of bullet travel changed significantly.

Though they were a sturdier plastic than the monitor and the angle was probably at least 3 times greater.

1 Like

In the Wink News video two posts above this one, it is clear that he was being moved out of the way.

Somewhere I read that the .308 is specifically used because it is less prone to deflection, so, just guessing, but I’m thinking the shot was lined up pretty straight. The bullet hit him directly in the center of the forehead according to reports.

2 Likes

Like Jason Bourne, Florida doesn’t make mistakes, everything they do is intentional! God bless the free country of Florida!

2 Likes

Lee County sniper most likely used an FMJ boat tail spire point round instead of a JHP or soft lead as is described in your video above. Lots less over-spray.

2 Likes