AZ Trespassing

5 Likes

Would someone be willing to paste the article content to the forum so it can be read here?

1 Like

A 73-year-old Arizona rancher is being held on $1 million bond after a man believed to be a Mexican citizen was shot to death on the rancher’s property.

The Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s office in Nogales, Arizona, said George Alan Kelly, 73, was arrested last week and charged with first-degree murder in connection with the Jan. 30 incident, according to The Associated Press.

The victim has been identified as Gabriel Cuen-Butimea, 48, of Nogales, Mexico, based on a Mexican voter registration card found on the body, the report said.
According to the U.K.’s Daily Mail, citing federal court records, Cuen-Butimea illegally crossed the southern border in the past and was deported back to Mexico several times. It said he was last deported in 2016.

Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Gerardo Castillo said the killing occurred in Kino Springs at the location listed for Kelly’s cattle ranch.
The site was about a mile and a half north of the Mexican border.

“It doesn’t seem like Mr. Kelly and the decedent knew each other,” Castillo said, according to [Nogales International]
At 2:40 p.m. Jan. 30, the Border Patrol received a report of a “possible active shooter.” The report said there was a “group of people running” and said the person making the report “was unsure if he was getting shot at as well.”

The entry said the person reporting the incident was “Allen.”

Although deputies found nothing when they responded, a second report at about 6 p.m. resulted in deputies finding a body about 100 to 150 yards from Kelly’s home.

The dead person had been shot once, Castillo said.

He said Kelly was arrested because the “investigation initially revealed that he had shot in the area.”

Castillo said officials do not know what weapon was used to kill Cuen-Butimea.

During an appearance Jan. 31 in Nogales Justice Court, Kelly asked Justice of the Peace Emilio Velasquez to reduce the amount of the bond because his wife would be left alone at their ranch.

“She’s there by herself … nobody to take care of her, the livestock. Or the ranch. And I’m not going anywhere. I can’t come up with a million dollars. Is there … Would you consider reducing it to any degree?” he said, according to Nogales International.

The request was denied.

1 Like

Lots of missing facts in this story. Nowhere near enough information for me to pass judgement one way or the other. But I will say that using a firearm as either a defensive or offensive tool makes for a very high probability that there will be a period of time when you will be unable to protect those you care about. At the very least for the time it takes law enforcement to sort it all out. Think it is best to make sure you have no other options before resorting to pulling a trigger.

Im not saying this man had other options just saying his wife is now potentially defenseless on a property that apparently has a lot of potential threats passing by.

2 Likes

So a man was found shot outside somewhere and the person who shot him never reported anything about it to anyone?

I took it as “George Alan Kelly”(the accused) and “Allen” (reporter) are the same individual.

3 Likes
2 Likes

GiveSendGo is the proper company to use for fundraising.
The other day I posted a link to the site which rates companies on their risk of woke action against their customers.

4 Likes

He will be made a scapegoat by the brandon administration, just like the January 6th scapegoats. :thinking:

4 Likes

There is still a bit missing we really need to know.
However, from what is in the story, he was arrested even though they did not find the weapon that was used in the killing. They went through his house, identified all of his firearms yet did not find anything that matched the bullet in the body.
Seems a bit presumptive on their part to me.

5 Likes

An update of sorts. :roll_eyes:

Arizona rancher charged with murder in borderland killing of Mexican national heads to trial next month (msn.com)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/texas-rancher-on-1m-bond-for-arizona-rancher-who-defended-property-i-will-stand-my-ground/vi-AA17TPH8?ocid=socialshare&t=60

3 Likes

If this ends in conviction, it will be a great victory for cartels.

2 Likes