Atlanta massage parlor shootings: Biden briefed on deadly attack as details

Our first concern should always go out to the victims of crime. But I will admit that when I see headlines like this, I think about how the politicians will use it against us. What’s the phrase… “Never let a crisis go to waste.” I’m sure this tragedy will be used to push forward the gun control that’s already in the works.

2 Likes

Why do they call it “massage parlor”? The “Open 24 HRS” sign, the lighting, the women… it is obvious what the place is. Place like this, you have elevated risk of criminality. But yea, instead of regulating places of nuisance they will be regulating guns.

3 Likes

Surely, the last thing on customers’ mind is getting a massage :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Edited as comment would have offended. Sorry.

2 Likes

Of course it will, because any citizen with a gun is either a criminal or a potential criminal. [sarcasm]

And to pour gas on the fire, the Washington Post is already ginning this up as racially motivated, you know, to make it especially heinous.

1 Like

You can always find truth even in MSM. If they want to find haters, the biggest bastions of anti-Asian racism are Harvard U. and the likes, throttling the lives of thousands of talented Asian kids each year.

2 Likes

The only reason Biden is involved in this at all, is because it may involve kickbacks from Chinese friends!

2 Likes

I keep seeing more headlines, and as predicted, this went from zero to political in less than 3.5 seconds.

There’s an early and ongoing investigation, but politicians and the press have already published their conclusions.

The current outcry is that we need to disarm Americans so we don’t kill these poor, defenseless Korean women. (Sidenote: I suspect the deceased were Americans, not Koreans. Ancestry and Nationality are two different things, and I wish reporters understood that not every person with Asian genetics immigrated here.)

May I offer an alternative to the early outrage? Why weren’t these women armed so they could defend themselves?

1 Like

Or the opportunity for more muffins.

1 Like

Maybe it’s the only way to keep Eric Swalwell in check!:joy::joy::joy::joy: C’mon man, no joke!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of people rushing to decry the way people of Asian descent are treated. Many of the same people defended universities that put a cap on Asian students admitted to their school, though. Sorry, I’m not buying it. If we want to talk about defending Asian women, then let’s get them enrolled in defensive shooting classes.

1 Like

I have a couple of ideas for the celebs and legislators: how about automatic hate crime charge for knockout game?
How about making shoplifting from convenience stores (many owned by Asian families) a felony, regardless of amount?
How about forcing Ivy League endowments to pay for college for the qualified Asian kids they reject on racist grounds? Pay reparations!

3 Likes

As expected, it became a racial issue.

But, where was the left’s outrage when Asians were being attacked in the Bay Area?

1 Like

Or if the “Asians” were Persian or Russian?

Good! I guess the more people to be made instant felons by the confiscatory anti-gun legislation, the merrier.

I also found an inaccuracy, the article stating

Before, there was never gun culture in the Asian community

LA '92 riots, enough said.

2 Likes

I’m an American of Asian descent and I’ve been fighting for the 2nd Amendment since the 1980s when California tried to outlaw handguns (I think it was Prop 15). I still have my pin that looked like the base of a 38 cartridge.

I bought my first handgun as soon as I was able. It was a Ruger 22 followed by a S&W model 19.

My friends and I were always pro 2A!

2 Likes