ATF Reclassifies M855 Ammunition

Everyone knows they can blow a lung out of a tank! :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Some playbooks just don’t change

9 Likes

Everyone knows the Lake City/Winchester “green tip” is what you want for the greatest accuracy :crazy_face:

Green Tip Accuracy Test | An Official Journal Of The NRA (shootingillustrated.com)

8 Likes

I think this title is confusing the previous ATF attempt to ban all M855 ammunition several years ago and the current attempt by anti self defense Democrats to stop any ammunition produced at the Lake City Ammunition Plant from being sold to the public??

The original ban was pretty stupid given what a poor self defense round M855 is but some antis tried painting it as a super effective military round being sold to civilians. My understanding is it was designed for the military to defeat ancient Russian flak jackets. But it was not the most accurate round and had significant issues reliably stopping threats at shorter and longer ranges.

This current attempt is just trying to significantly increase the cost of ammo to civilians by removing a primary source. It will have the added effect of increasing the cost of ammo to the military and more importantly reducing production capacity for the military for times when additional capacity is needed.

10 Likes

Primers yesterday ammo today. They, anti 2A folks, just can’t/won’t stop. It’s an obsession with them. Imagine, if you will, the positive effects the time money and effort could have if these groups turned their attention to fighting crime or gun safety education or…

10 Likes

I didn’t read the article. The only thing I can say is “blind people need our help”.

1 Like

The 2A is not about crime or crime prevention, and neither are the efforts of the left to ban firearms ownership.

At their core, leftists believe that government can best choose what’s good for society, and therefore, people’s rights should be subservient to government edicts. “From each according to his deed, to each according to his need.” and “Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country.” Communists v capitalists.

In contrast, the 2A, in my opinion, is based on the founders’ notion that the governed should possess the means of resisting a tyrannical government, so it is antithetical to the pro-government starting point of leftists.

Debating the impact of guns on crime detracts from the real purpose of the 2A.

2 Likes

I would argue, 2A is not only a defense against an out of control Government but it is also a defense against an out of control individual.

6 Likes

I agree. A lot of people complain about the first phrase in the second amendment, saying it waters down the actual meat of the whole sentence, but I disagree.

The founders said it clearly. Free people need to be secure to be free. It’s simple. They didn’t specify what dangers we need to be secure from, because we need to be secure from all dangers. We can’t be free if a tyrant is preventing it, nor can we be free if an individual criminal is. We need our well regulated armed populace (the militia) in order to have a free country and society.

4 Likes

Can I clarify one thing? You are speaking of an out of control government that has taken up arm against us.
You are not meaning using our 2A right against a government who is trying to take our rights. I do see a difference and am not trying to imply you are.
I get confused when someone uses the word government.

2 Likes

Indeed. The Tories and such folks had militias too. The left have their little terror groups too, don’t they? The little bolshiveks will take up arms too if they think they can get away with it, and if “triggered” enough. Pun well intended.

Like maybe say if Trump gets reelected? War could indeed find you and have nothing to do with the government. At least initially anyway.

2024 is going to get real interesting folks. I do hope I am wrong.

3 Likes

It might come looking. If it finds us and we are ready. It might be the best thing. Prepare for the worst hope for the best.

2 Likes

4 Likes

@Will_B

1 Like

Robert, did you take down the video about speed? I was watching that!

1 Like

@Joseph488
Some kind of glitch
That is Lucas Botkin same guy in @Will_B photo above.
Sorry didnt mean to get in your way, please continue

2 Likes

Well,… I didn’t make the meme

1 Like

I shoot a lot of the PMC XTAC,and have found it to be very clean burning.

2 Likes

Not you just someone with nothing better to do like someone reclassifying green tip ammo.

2 Likes