ATF is Attempting to Change the Constitution… Again

3 Likes

not surprised… think the ATF should be combined with the DEA and the F should be dropped…

just my opinion BTW…

3 Likes

This is unfortunately an outgrowth of the Safer Communities Act from 2022 that was passed with bipartisan support!:frowning: It authorizes a wide range of 2A and 4A violations.

I can see the argument for wanting to prevent a minor who planned a school shooting from legally purchasing firearms as an adult. The problem is that the way these laws get enacted and enforced, they end up violating everyone’s rights by treating all the law abiding people as wanna be school shooters while letting the real criminals slip through the cracks and continue to threaten and harm the rest of us.

5 Likes

We don’t need new laws. We need the ones on the books enforced.

8 Likes

ATF Stripped Of Power Under NEW 9-0 Emergency Order By Supreme Court

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/atf-stripped-of-power-under-new-9-0-emergency-order-by-supreme-court/ss-BB1oawmR?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0b2eb572948d4352b478dd3006087440&ei=18#image=2
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Maybe their comeuppance is coming?

4 Likes

Hopefully. If true, this could be a big pro 2A ruling. Though I can’t find any links other than this story. Would love to see the actual ruling before getting too excited.

5 Likes

All I am finding is that a District Court in Texas vacated the ATF pistol brace ruling. If this is what is being referred to then it is not at all the same as a 9-0 Supreme Court ruling against the ATF. If anyone finds more details please share!

1 Like

Just the ‘United Liberty’ article on MSN Brother----Fake News? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

I don’t think it is fake. But it appears to be breaking news which often leads to the real details not matching the story or especially the headline.

I’ll be waiting for more details before rushing out to buy a braced pistol in celebration.

2 Likes

Looking more and more like the headline was incorrect and the story misleading.

From FPC who brought this case to court:

“In the decision, United States District Court Judge Reed O’Connor granted summary judgment in favor of FPC and its co-plaintiffs and issued a final judgment and order vacating the ATF’s rule .”

Today’s order shows that our community can take on an immoral government and win. FPC members should be proud of what was accomplished today. We look forward to defending this victory on appeal and up to the Supreme Court, just as we have in other cases.”

So it sounds like this is a lower court ruling that will almost certainly be appealed on up to the Supreme Court for a final decision where I would be very surprised if it gets a 9-0 vote.

2 Likes

Still an important victory but unfortunately far from the final ruling on the topic.

1 Like

Glad it wasn’t a Feature Topic…I’d be ruined! :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Glad you brought this to our attention. One more small step in the right direction. We just need to remember that most reporters suck (either unintentionally or intentionally) so we can’t trust that anything they write is actually close to the truth.

Being this was an MSN article it is likely they were trying to create a knee jerk fear reaction amongst the hoplophobe crowd in response to this minor setback to their efforts to render us all defenseless. Giving them one more reason to push for stacking SCOTUS in their favor.

3 Likes

the ATF (Abolish Their Firearms) will work to destroy the constitution as long as they exist.

7 Likes

Yesterday’s story about SCOTUS ruling 9-0 for the 2A appears to be bogus but todays 6-3 SCOTUS ruling on bump stocks seems to be the real deal.

Haven’t had time to check the actual language to see how broadly the ruling was and how much it might apply to other pending cases.

I stopped following Best Iron because their videos don’t often even address the clickbait title.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @DustyChalk

1 Like

Invariably I stand against new laws for old crimes with existing laws already in existence. This has always been an issue I have stood against. It always, ALWAYS ends in an overly broad enhancement of enforcement and mission creep. With to much room for interpretation.

Look at what they have done with the RICO act. That was created to go after organized crime. Now it’s being used against the former President of the United States in Georgia.

Whenever a new tool is given to law enforcement, it invariably gets used in ways not intended. It is why I am always against new laws when we have preexisting laws that would/have done the exact same thing.

It’s not an accident when some new bill runs to 100’s or even thousands of pages.

What the ATF is doing, don’t ever think it is incompetent it is intentional. They are going to throw every single POS that they can throw at the wall. Just hoping anything, sticks. What they want is “precedent”, they are playing the long game. Because once they get precedent for their actions, I guarantee they will take that precedent and run it into the ground.

6 Likes

Well put good sir!

3 Likes

I meant to include this in my prior post. The attacks, by our government, on our rights. It’s not an accident, or signs of incompetency. It is deliberate and well reasoned and also planned.

It may be buffoons and incompetent a**hats making the statements but they are still pursuing their goals. To use a phrase “It’s not paranoia, when they really are out to get you”

P.S. This is not the first time Puddin Pants has communicated this thought about American Gun Owners
(sorry I just couldn’t make myself use the word say cause whatever it was he was doing up there I am not sure it counts as saying words).

7 Likes