At Least they are talking about 'Some' of it

I know of at least one case where two cops fires 19 times at a guy near a grocery store, hit the guy 3 times. But, even with a 15 foot wall behind the guy they couldn’t find where most of the 16 rounds ended up.

6 Likes

It’s not surprising that cops usually miss their targets in the chaos of a shooting situation.

Before its bankruptcy, I went to classes at Front Sight in Nevada. One of the exercises was to draw and fire two shot at a man-sized silhouette 3 yards in front of you in the 1 1/2 seconds the target was presented to you. It was shocking how many people with considerable shooting experience, me included, missed that big turning target only a few feet away.

4 Likes

You’d be totally surprised at how many quickly fired shots miss the target.
While there’s a lot said about being fast, accuracy is more important.
One of history’s most famous sheriffs, Wyatt Earp, was more known for his speed at pistol whipping than pistol drawing. He is better known for being accurate and moderately fast.

4 Likes

This is but one example that aiming is a thing and training to use your sights fast is a great thing.

6 Likes

Hey Chris, In my book a WHIP is as good (or better) than a HIT! People don’t seem to get as ‘UPSET’
when there is a ‘clock from a Glock! ’ compared to ‘a bullet to the Brain-box’.
Civilians can be funny that way.
From the article: "In most of the cases, the gun was used to put down an injured animal: a deer 20 times and an elk and a fox once each, as well as one unidentified animal. We’ve got a TON of ‘unidentified animals’ stumbblin’ around down here in 'Cactus Junction that need to be put down. Just saying.

1 Like

Don102,
I can imagine that people preferred to be able to wake up with a headache than the alternative!
Thank you for your comment. I enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Yes Sir, Anytime.
I always preferred ‘Waking up’ after a Fire fight than the alternative myself
As a warm, kind hearted, nurturer General Patton once said:
“No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country”.

…in these times I’d settle giving a Crack to the head myself, saves precious Ammo.

1 Like

Don102,
One of my favorite scenes in the George C Scott “Patton” movie. Another was when Carl Malden (sp?) opined that Patton had such a distinguished nose…
I woke up once in an er and the doctor said,”You’re supposed to be dead. I will have to rethink my belief in God.”
I didnt have go rethink my belief, I have said several fervent thank you’s to our Heavenly Father.

1 Like