Armed teacher - But get training first?

Two things.

#1. Pepper spray.

#2. Where are the other examples of robust blossoming manhood in this class? Seems like if the class had any real men, they would have stood up to the defense of the teacher and laid this kid out. I hope that’s what I would have done and I hope that’s what I’ve raised my son to do.

When I was in high school a friend of mine (male) slapped another friend of mine (female). I never did actually get a hold of him (he was quicker than me), but I about ripped his shirt off trying until I calmed down enough to realize seriously hurting him was not a proportional response to what he did.

Come on men! Step up!

4 Likes

This is an example of manhood, in getto culture. Sadly, instead of condemning it, schools, MSM and politicians affirm it.

3 Likes

There is a teacher in my family. She adamantly insists that violence is never justified and you do not have a right to self defense while in school, which is from the top down not jus there idea, it’s what they are told/taught.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if kids aren’t willing to risk suspension/expulsion/charges/injury defending a teacher from a slap when, very possibly, teachers have told them they literally cannot even use force to defend themselves in school.

Talk about a systemic issue…oye

5 Likes

It’s one of the biggest hurdles we encounter when young people show up at our gym. They’ve been taught that violence is Never the solution, even to violence. We try to change the narrative, we talk about controlled aggression instead of violence. On a side note, we find that some of these kids get addicted to the dominance/violence part of self defense.

4 Likes

Honestly, the only way we can attempt to keep children safe in schools is arming people in schools. Training should meet the standards that police officers have, including how to retain a firearm, but to me it looks like the only way. As a former police officer, I know that even doing our best, our response times would be too slow.

2 Likes

The problem is, the police can’t/won’t even start heading that direction until AFTER the stuff begins.

1 Like

Haha, well as great as cops are, we are in fact NOT CLAIRVOYANT.

3 Likes

Exactly, the police are really good at what they do, they just can’t do it until after the trouble starts.

1 Like

By the same rule, that violence cannot happen while at school, some teachers and administrators condemn police violence. That’s why reluctance to involve police on the ugliest incidents.

1 Like

I am all for properly vetted and trained armed teachers.

I respectfully disagree with the use of the word only. I think there is a lot more we can and need to be doing. Arming teachers may be one piece of the puzzle.

I posted some other thoughts here.

3 Likes

Agree. FAR from the only.

And…if you take it literally/all the way, a great many teachers won’t be capable of passing the same requirements police officers pass for firearms/marksmanship/weapon retention (there are physical capabilities one must have to pass LEO gun retention training that most teachers and probably most posting here and most in the general public couldn’t meet)

1 Like

Fascinating article I came across from the FASTER newsletter.

2 Likes