Arizona: Trouper helping a crash victim is ambushed and shot, armed civilian kills the attacker, saves trouper's life

An Arizona trooper trying to help a motorist in a rollover crash was shot in an ambush-style attack by a random suspect, who was then fatally shot by a Good Samaritan driving by.

DPS Col. Frank Milstead said he has yet to speak to the passerby, but he had this message for him: “Thank you because I don’t know if my trooper would be alive today without your assistance.”

8 Likes

Wow Actually made the network news

3 Likes

So the bad guy just popped out of the woods? Wow! A good testimonial to always, at least live in Jeff Cooper’s, condition yellow.

2 Likes

@Fizbin I think there may be more to the story about the popping out of the woods thing… was the guy taking potshots at cars? IDK. Certainly the trooper wasn’t anticipating a shooting ambush, and probably had no reason to expect one.

1 Like

Agreed, there has to be more to the story.

I pride myself by always living in the Yellow when in public. I was caught in the White at a gas station a few weeks ago. And, as we were taught at Gunsite, you never ever want to be in Condition White at a gas station. I had just started to pump the gas when the attendant and an elderly lady said “Hi” standing within 3 feet of me as I turned around! It was harmless though, the elderly lady had a flat tire and the attendant was helping her by getting me to help. Yes I did help her. :slight_smile:

We live in the country and this was a regular gas station I go to, so, I got complacent.

2 Likes

I got into an online “discussion” with a self-proclaimed Anarchist after this person made the comment that the Good Samaritan shot the wrong Pirate.

This person, if his public information is correct, he is living in the wrong town for such views as it’s more of a conservative town…

Many of these small towns in Oregon, there is usually a long gun behind the bedroom door and a handgun on every nightstand and those are just the ones you can see.

I hope the person I had the “discussion” with is not as open with his views if he lives where he says he does as the places commonly support their police and dont take kindly to the crazies (they still abide by the law).

1 Like