Are your laws changing?

Gun laws vary from state to state and can change frequently. Are there any laws changing in your area over the next few months?

1 Like

I had one recently come along. It’s a shreveport city code…

I call it common sense but they call it a law.

Now, you MUST report a stolen firearm within 48 hours.

2 Likes

And if it isn’t registered (non FFL sale) how exactly will they know if you dont and what are the odds they will ever recover it (before they reimburse the thief for his troubles at the buyback table)?

2 Likes

Unless you have insurance but only threw USCCA now.

It depends on your membership, friend.

Or could be wrong. See, I’m an affiliate with USCCA(Probably the worst one :joy::rofl::joy: @USCCA ).

But ask @Dawn or @USCCA, sir @Greg35.

Sept 1, 2019

• Senate Bill 535: allows Texans to carry guns in churches, synagogues and other places of worship, unless otherwise banned by those places with proper signage.
  • Senate Bill 741: prohibits property owners’ associations from banning storage of guns on rental properties.
  • House Bill 121: provides a legal defense for licensed handgun owners who unknowingly enter an establishment that bans firearms as long as they leave when asked.
  • House Bill 302: prohibits landlords from banning renters and their guests from carrying firearms in lease agreements.
  • House Bill 1387: loosens restrictions on the number of school marshals who can carry guns at public and private schools in Texas.
  • House Bill 1177: allows Texans to carry handguns without a license during a state of disaster.
  • House Bill 1143: prohibits school districts from banning licensed gun owners from storing guns and ammunition in their vehicles in parking lots.
  • House Bill 2363: allows certain foster homes to store guns and ammunition in a locked location.
1 Like

Newly proposed laws from: 36 Gun Bills Pre-Filed So Far Ahead of the 87th Legislative Session | The Texan

Biden’s campaign lists sweeping gun control proposals, including policies to limit individuals to one firearm purchase per month and ban all online sales of guns and ammunition.

“We’re obviously not concerned about the Trump administration and we know that they’ll defend and stand with us on the Second Amendment, but the ‘O-Biden’ administration has made it very clear that they’re coming after our guns. They’re gonna get a big ‘hell no’ out of Texas,” Toth told The Texan , calling a Biden administration “Obama 2.0.”

Rep. Valoree Swanson (R-Spring) has filed two bills relating to guns.

HB 26 would eliminate the governor’s authority under a disaster declaration to control the sale, transportation, and use of weapons and ammunition.

HB 55 would allow school marshals to carry and possess a concealed handgun by removing a requirement that marshals whose “primary duty [. . .] involves regular, direct contact with students” must not carry a handgun, but only possess it in “a locked and secured safe” at the school’s premises.

On the subject of school marshals, Sen. Charles Perry (R-Lubbock) also filed Senate Bill (SB) 158, which would waive the fee for “the issuance of a duplicate, modified, or renewed license to carry a handgun” for current marshals.

Rep. Andrew Murr (R-Junction) submitted HB 276, which would expand protections for carrying handguns beyond active judges to include retired judges and government attorneys.

Rep. Drew Springer (R-Muenster), who is currently in a runoff election for Senate District 30scheduled for December 19, filed two gun-related bills as well.

HB 299 would expand the list of exceptions for permitless carry of handguns to include anyone eligible for a License to Carry permit who is not a gang member, as long as the weapon is concealed or holstered.

His other legislation, HB 304, is nearly identical to a bill that Springer filed in 2015 and would effectively expand the locations where LTC holders are permitted to carry a handgun that are currently prohibited under state law.

Lastly, Rep. Briscoe Cain (R-Deer Park) filed a bill that would prohibit “red flag” laws, also known as extreme risk protection orders (ERPO).

1 Like

Yea, like we would not report a stolen firearm…

Who does that, unless it is someone who should not have had it in the first place…

But, mine can not be stolen… they tragically all fell overboard . :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Long way to Richmond, and Blackface Northam is in his hidey hole… we really do not care what he does.
I am in a sanctuary county :grinning:

2 Likes

Aww! Kevin, I KNOW!

I’m so glad we made it from the ship wreckage though!

How will we ever get our guns? hmm :thinking: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

It sounds like common sense but think what they could potentially do with this law. Say I own a second home or cabin and didn’t relies for months that my firearms were stolen that potentially makes me a criminal

2 Likes

Ohio is trying to pass no duty to retreat so if you live in Ohio make calls and write emails to your reps so we can get this passed

1 Like

@Shawn31,

I agree!, sir I don’t believe in any gun “law” and {or}—
“common sense” gun laws because it goes without saying that it’s unconstitutional.

Call me “crazy” but fully intend on appealing all gun laws when I pass the bar in due season. With that being said, will do so until the Awesome LORD comes and get’s me sooner or even peacefully in my bed after my life here is done.

3 Likes

A lot of the laws like this state within 48 hours of discovery, but I don’t know what this exact law says. @Randall318, do you have the specific statutes for the new law?

1 Like

Actually, I sent them over to USCCA support right it came out but here it is. :slight_smile:
You know it got my second family USCCA!!

Sec. 50-135.3. - Reporting lost and stolen firearms .

SHARE LINK TO SECTIONPRINT SECTIONDOWNLOAD (DOCX) OF SECTIONSEMAIL SECTIONCOMPARE VERSIONS

(a)

The owner of a lost or stolen firearm shall report the loss or theft to the Shreveport Police Department within 48 hours after discovery of the loss or theft.

(b)

It shall be the responsibility of the Shreveport Police Department to document the loss or theft including, if known, the serial number of the lost or stolen firearm .

(c)

Any person who violates subsection (a) of this section shall be subject to a fine of not more than $500.00 for a first offense and a fine of not more than $1,000.00 for each subsequent offense.

(Ord. No. 81, 2020 , 8-11-20)

1 Like
1 Like