Are we missing the forest for the trees?

NEVER make a deal with the Devil/Communist—by now we should be on offense - Gun Free Zones ended, National Reciprocity passed, Suppressors treated as hearing protection

1 Like

Which while I disagreed with it and still do it didn’t disarm any of us or force us to give up our arms and ammunition.

1 Like

It’s the stepping stones though. And don’t get me wrong, had I been of voting age in the 80’s, I would have voted for Reagan. Just like, with the current field of candidates, I’ll vote to re-elect Trump, unless he goes completely off the rails. If he was to encourage/sign/enforce any law that confiscated guns from law abiding citizens, he would not have my vote.

3 Likes

The forest and the trees are inseparable. A frog is boiled gradually, incrementally so that he doesn’t notice it until it is too late. That is the intentional strategy we’re facing today. I really like John150’s suggestion: replant the forest. But in parallel with that, I think the time has come to challenge EVERY action. Red flag laws? Challenge in court. NRA? Sue for defamation. Wal-Mart? Walgreens? How about TV ads highlighting their hypocrisy and encouraging boycotts? How about starting an investment company that omits Wal-Mart, Walgreens, or any California HQ’d company from their portfolio? There are plenty of ways we can fight this unconstitutional incrementalism, but we need to draw the line.

3 Likes

It is also time for all of us who legally own firearms, with or without carry permits, to double down, triple down, quadruple down on being good ambassadors on behalf of all responsibly armed citizens. We should be vigilant in the safe, responsible, and appropriate carry and use of our weapons.

We need to take advantage of every opportunity to express our views in a civil manner, using verifiable information and simple, straightforward logic and reason. The goal is to encourage people to think about the information we offer, not to browbeat them with statistics and historical quotes and polarizing assumptions until they give up and quit listening.

4 Likes

The schools are definitely brainwashing the children to be afraid of guns. Here in Pennsylvania, a local school administrator is trying to ban images, pictures, of a gun within 1000 feet of the school, because he says pictures of guns traumatize his students. So, I can teach my children and grandchildren about the safe use of firearms and how to treat them but they go to school where they are taught that they should be afraid of a picture of a gun.

3 Likes

A real problem is that so few folks understand what the 2nd Amendment is really about. The founding fathers when drafting the Constitution , in the Federalist Papers, in during deliberations about the need for a federal bill of rights were very clear. The people should be well enough armed that the government would always fear to enact tyranny. Now that includes self defense , but also a duty to protect the constitution against tyranny.

5 Likes

You are correct. The liberals demand the conservatives make a “reasonable” compromise, moving just a little towards the middle.
Once that’s done, the “middle” has moved left. Then, the conservatives are asked again to just be reasonable and come just a little to the middle.
That’s how we got from the Democratic Party of JFK to that of Barak Obama.

1 Like

There are so many assaults on our rights and liberties that it is easy to get distracted. I am a 2nd Amendment absolutist & believe that the only compromise is to disarm all liberals and democraps (but I repeat myself). Since they are apparently afraid of guns, this is the most sympathetic response to their plight.
Reagan is a great example of the problem. He was strongly pro-2A, except for that one little compromise. Now we are being asked to compromise on background checks, weapon types, and magazine capacity. Drip, drip, drip; our rights are slowly being washed away.
Gun buyback programs are, like the income tax, legalized theft. You will get pennies on the dollar for your guns, which will then be destroyed. The only good thing will be that you will be able to turn in your “safe queens” and get more money to buy the ammo that they want to price out of reason. Drip, drip, drip.
The real victims, at least in an immediate sense, are the inner-city communities where even sterling citizens cannot get weapons to defend themselves with. The criminals don’t have any problems getting weapons.

1 Like

Sad but true. When the Second goes many other rights will follow. History has a way of repeating itself.

1 Like

Spot on. Common sense legislation… by whom??? Who gets to decide what “common sense” is? What, specifically, is their plan? How will it be implemented? How will it be enforced? Who will do the enforcing? How will its success be measured? Who will do the measuring? What outcome do they expect? What if the plan proves fruitless? More “common sense” middle ground legislation and restriction? Or roll back to previous state (which we all know would never happen)? People can call for “middle ground” or “common sense” legislation and restrictions all they want. That’s the easy part, but the devil is in the details. And details will reveal the true agenda of those looking to restrict our 2A constitutional rights. This is why it’s “all noise and no details” from the left leading this Don Quixote-like charge at windmills.

3 Likes

HI Dawn I totally agree their are missing the forest for the trees so much that the bigger picture is being mist the problem is not the gun it is the mind set of the person with the gun so instead of coming up with sneaky under handed ways to dis arm law abiding Americans how about we start teaching our kids how to save are life instead of taking a life so I suggest that we make it mandatory that all our kids learn how to do CPR and first aid

2 Likes

I personally agree. :confused:

2 Likes

I hate to admit it but you are 100% correct. It would be nice if both sides could meet and address the issue if mass murder by deranged persons. The liberals are playing a long term game of incrementalism that we must recognize and resist. I don’t have the answer but I think a good place to start is to read the Declaration of Independence. Having the proper perspective always helps.

3 Likes

The Declaration of Independence is a good start but the reading list needs to include the Constitution, with all of its amendments especially the Bill of Rights. From there I’d move on to the Federalist Papers.

4 Likes

The Bill of Rights is a misnomer … it is the Bill of Restrictions (it restricts the powers of the Federal government).

2 Likes

The Second is what ultimately protects the rest.

I’ve used a signature line on other forms for more than a decade and it reads, “Without the 1st and 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.”

There used to be a saying… .

There are 3 boxes essential to Liberty, The Soap Box, the Ballot Box, and The Bullet Box."

I don’t advocate for a new armed uprising or revolution but I do realize that there may come a time when it is unavoidable.

2 Likes