Are USCCA Members required or expected to support the Republican Party?

At one time I loves Trump then I didn’t, he is so utterly unpredictable so he is hot one day and cold the next! Overall I like his general non political changes, he at times appears to support one side and depending on public opinion he switches sides, The truly sad part is that the media and democrats aren’t barely giving him a chance to even breath, which really isn’t fair. If u look at the current state of this country economically and internationally, he truly is not afraid of shaking things up which is truly what congress needs, they stall and try and deny him everything, and somehow the courts are also against him, if everyone just gave him a chance they would see he is trying his best to make America a
better country, he is trying to equalize how China and other countries are being treated on an international level which is really showing his true grit so overall, I like him and we just
need tosgive him amchance

1 Like

I guess you could always vote for the other side…they PROBABLY won’t try to take your freedoms from you.

4 Likes

No, not at all and I have openly written the White House about it. We as citizens and individuals must “ know” our rights even more now than ever before. That’s key to responsible ownership, knowing and understanding your rights as party affiliation is not necessary or required.

4 Likes

It’ll take longer than that to undo the Democrat damage. I left them 30 years ago because of this partisan baloney.

5 Likes

Why? Are you afraid or have you been bullied by the narrative? Unless we talk and address these issues there will be no unity. I’m blunt and unapologetic. Do I support DJT in everything? No, as a president so far he’s done a fine job. It’s discourse which is required to move forward or we regress. That doesn’t mean holding out and staying silent or compromising your beliefs is necessary either. Too many have paid the ultimate price for you or anyone to be submissive in excercise game your rights,

2 Likes

I too love how he “plays them like a fiddle”… it’s a source of never ending amusement for me. :rofl::+1:

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!!! Keep up the good work!!!

3 Likes

The issue that concerns me is threefold. One, none of the proposed new laws would have prevented any of the mass murder events; they only restrict the rights of law abiding gun owner. Second, the red flag laws decimate due process, encourage “swatting” through false accusations, without any penalties for doing so, and will cost a fortune to restore one’s rights. Third, who is running that will support the 2A? Punish Trump for caving on gun control by voting for a democrat? May as well just cut off your nose.

10 Likes

Trump was never a politician before his 1st election, yet he has to deal with those who have held office forever. He says some goofy stuff for sure, but if you look back on his predecessors they did as well.
I heard him say the red flag law should be looked at BUT in the area of the mental health of the person in question. I also recently read that the State of N J, is enacting some red flags laws of their own design that will not be of comfort to any registered gun owner.
Will just have to wait and see how this all shakes out, but remember people in light of all this - it’s not the gun it’s the person holding it !!
SEMPER Fi

7 Likes

Personally, I don’t see a single person as an alternative in 2020 that would protect the 2nd Amendment more than Trump will, by a long shot.

God Bless America!

10 Likes

A vote for ANY other party or person,is a vote that is wasted and will be SURE to not support any gun rights.
That is a surety,so vote as you choose.
BUT,know what the outcome is if we lose him.

8 Likes

According to Robert Francis O’Rourke, the democrats are absolutely planning to take your guns. Kamala Harris has said she’d write an executive order overturning the second amendment as soon as she was sworn in. And Joe Biden will do whatever George Soros tells him to do.

Republicans may not be all that great, but the other side is f***ing insane.

9 Likes

As a former Californian I have seen firsthand what Democrats do for gun owners. And I want no part of it. Are you here out of the Democrats is been semi automatics my carry pistols a semi automatic and I’m not about to give it up. The Republicans aren’t much better but they’re the only choice in town

5 Likes

I am extremely conservative evangelical Christian. I also am a staunch defender of 2A rights. I don’t agree with some things that president trump has done including the red flag issue. However, saying that, it would be unwise if your main concern is the second amendment, that you vote for any democratic candidate. The Democratic Party is too far extremist left, and would slowly dismantle our 2A rights.

5 Likes

Pretty much my story as well.
Welcome @Richard17 and @Jason4.

4 Likes

Your concern regarding the current POTUS are the concerns that all gun owners have. I have to support President Trump though and so should you, because any of the alternatives would totally destroy you rights and place Leftist Judges on the bench. We should never blindly support a candidate on party affiliation.
There used to be 2nd Amendment supporters in both Parties.
We have seen the Democrats become much more like the Nazis or Communists in the last 15 years. They want to have confiscation and what followed in Germany or the old USSR or Venezuela. Conservatives and most Republicans don’t vote in lockstep. Most Democrats do… We have to win back those Democrats back and prevent Leftists in our Courts from legislating from the bench. This is why it is ironic you question President Trump’s crossing from being a Democrat to a Republican. This is exactly what Conservatives want.
Mr. Obama talked nicely but lied and did the opposite. Do you want another sweet talker and prompter reader? I just want politicians who get good things done. Trump may be crude but being nice with Leftists has gotten us fake news and a far Left Democrat Party…

7 Likes

First I will say I dislike any group or organization which thinks it can tell me what to think or do. Even if I agree with what is being said others have NO RIGHT to tell me what to think or do when it comes to politics. This is one of the reasons I dislike unions (but let’s not get into that right now).

The USCCA (in my opinion) is not a political organization. It is a group of like mined people about the 2nd amendment, the legal ownership of weapons and teaching those who want to learn more about these things and many of the tangents which go along with them.

I am all for discussing issues or hearing people’s opinion on candidate’s views. What I don’t like is political name calling or bashing because they don’t agree with your way of thinking. Give me facts that can be verified and I will be happy to listen to your opinion of those facts.

It is up to each individual to decide what is best for themselves and their families. The sum of things which are most important to one may not add up to what is most important to me.

No one political party or individual is completely right or completely wrong on all (maybe any) subjects. What we as legally armed citizens and supporters of the constitution need to do is listen to what these candidates have to say, ask for clarification to double talk. Research the facts and ask for more clarification until we and everyone else knows what the individual actually stands for.

After all that it is time to compare the candidates and decide which one supports the things that matter to you the most. In my case I have found in the last 40 + years I have been able to vote, I find myself more times than not voting for the lesser of two evils because no one candidate seems to agree with me on all my common sense issues.

The point of this long winded rant is this, do your homework. Educate yourself and if you really feel strongly about something let all the candidates (on a local state and federal level) know what is important to you. Don’t just complain do something to help affect change to the issues which are important to you.

End of rant.

Thanks for listening and I am throwing the soap box back on the wood pile for now.
Don

5 Likes

Love it! That is exactly what I think as well. We can discuss facts, but any sort of bashing nullifies the argument trying to be made.

6 Likes

We are not a political organization, @Nicholas5. We welcome people of every background to the USCCA. Individual members of the SRA are still welcome to be members of the USCCA.

Maybe this will explain our stance a bit better:
The USCCA will always stand for and defend freedom, and this group is free to speak, peacefully assemble, and bear arms. But we at the USCCA, operating in a free-market economy, choose not to support or do business with those who declare themselves opposed to that free-market economy.

7 Likes

Everyone is allowed to vote the way they want, but it seems to me we always come down to the lesser of two evils, or which one will do the least harm. I have known a few people who have voted for a 3rd party or written in a name as a protest. I used to feel that way too, but realize that in reality you are just throwing your vote away. We are basically a two party system and that is the reality of it right now. Trump is still the best bet for gun owners by far. The Democratic party scares me to death. It is not just firearms, I cannot convince my family, but I know the country would be in ruins if Hilary had won.

I also saw another note about the NRA in one of the other postings. The person mentioned being mad at the NRA and not wanting to support them for one reason or another. I too am tired of getting a letter every other day asking for money, but I also realize that at the national level, the NRA is about the only one strong enough for the politicians to listen to. So, I will continue to support the NRA because we need them.

5 Likes