Are "They" watching?

“This prompted the Department of Public Safety to scour the area with a helicopter using a RECCO device, which can detect a chip implanted in certain skis and winter gear.”
From an article about an avalanche in our mountains last week. They fly over looking for a signal. Sure it’s great for finding someone buried by an avalanche BUT we all know, law enforcement can’t control themselves, they will or are using this technology right now for things other than finding avalanche victims. To me this is just one of the many hidden or nearly hidden devices that can or are being used for nefarious purposes.

4 Likes

Sorry, I don’t understand the context of the quote. Is there a link?

But yes, “they” are always watching. Whoever they are. They just read this thread, and they know you’re on to them. And now they know I am, too. Dang it.

4 Likes

The article is about avalanche control so I didn’t include this link. I, for one, notice these kinds of things. We have heli’s fly over our place pretty much everyday, some are obviously medical, others are certainly military but then there are the random ones with no obvious markings… :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Hate to say it, but “they” no longer need hidden devices to keep track of you. You carry an NSA approved GPS Tracker, listener and watcher in your pocket at all times. It’s called a smartphone. George Orwell unfortunately never imagined a pocket sized device.

9 Likes

New rules for business owners and larger IRS. Uncle wants his cut. :roll_eyes:
Anyone here with small business’s affected?

2 Likes

I do not own a small biz, but snitching on all clients is not a function of a bank or payment processor. Power to the crypto, stitches to the snitches.

4 Likes

Tracking devices are everywhere, phones, cars, credit cards, etc. I guess if I was buried and alive in an avalanche, I wouldn’t mind someone finding me. But I get the point and I’m sure most people who think have that moment of wondering. The only thing I have to help preserve privacy is a Faraday sleeve for my phone…mainly because I’m on call 6 months out of the year and during the other 6, I don’t care to hear from work haha. I’ve seen Faraday blockers large enough to encompass a vehicle.

4 Likes

Also worth mentioning, MC did voluntarily send flight info of card purchases of users to the Jan 6 Commission.

2 Likes

They can even get an idea of your travels from battery discharge, asssuming you have your phone with you and GPS off. A Faraday shield good idea, however a metal box can be just as effective. However it may scratch your phone.

3 Likes

Actually with OnStar, Sync as well as other Onboard Services most modern cars connect with wifi or even cellular and even if you don’t have Navigation services, still at a minimum can transmit data and store gps info in your computer.

4 Likes

Probably said too quickly a metal Box does the same thing as well. I like the computer case too. BTW, one should consider Wallets that do the same. Chip card info can be stolen if the thief has the right equipment and technical knowledge.

5 Likes

I am “THEM”. I know when you check your mail & that you wear boxers, not briefs. We fly stealth choppers that sound like duck quacking. Next time you hear ducks…just sayin’

So the silent Cloaked Black unmarked unmanned helicopter that comes over everyday at 3:00am? Do you know those guys? :worried:

1 Like

Im pretty sure they are watching!

1 Like

I always assume somebody is watching, but I am fairly certain that the people who want to sell me something are watching at least ten times harder than “they” are.

1 Like

With the falling standards of hire, it actually could be “them”

People used to worry about wire taps on their phones now they ask the spy for recipes. Try asking Alexa some interesting questions.

1 Like

I checked, you are not. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

These are the days… when we can have fun network names.

1 Like