AR Light: Pressure Pad or Push Button?

I believe that’s an option. requires an aftermarket piece. I think Arisaka has one.

2 Likes

@Forensic_Wow
I believe it is a Magpul mount, don’t quote me on that but it did not come with the Stream light. It also included the pressure pad but I opted to go with the push button.

3 Likes

This is my set-up. I put a two-piece, non-floating UTG quadrail hanguard on first. Then I got an offset light mount from Magpul. The flashlight is from Crimson Trace. I used the Velcro straps to attach the pressure pad on each side of the vertical grip.

This allows an easy way to activate the pressure pad with my thumb while holding the vertical grip. For my purposes, it does the job pretty well.

5 Likes

Nice setup brother @Virgil_H :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Surefire makes a light end cap that allows both a button in the cap and plugin for a remote switch, i have them on most of my long guns

4 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you Brother!

2 Likes

I was advised against getting the pressure pad. I was told that the cord it used was just another thing that could go wrong. Either it would get too close to the barrel and melt, or it would stick out and get caught on something. At this point, I’m used to using my thumb to turn it on and off, but I’m contemplating getting a brighter light and considering a pressure pad anyway.

I’m not really sure of the “whys” though. Why would I want a pressure pad? Why would I not want a pad?

3 Likes

Got the carbine length handguard and a 16” barrel?

2 Likes

Yep, sport II is a carbine length gas system. I could have gone with the “Slim Line” like @Johnnyq60 BUT I got my older model one on sale with a gift card and I heard the SL was a mother to get on by one’s self without a special tool or an extra set of hands.

I’m happy with it. It is far better than the stock handguard in every way (it has an actual heat shield and attachment points).

2 Likes

I think the primary purpose is people who want to put the light somwhere out of reach of their thumb. If you have a long rail system, you can get the light out by the end of the barrel and activate it with the pad, or in my situation, I need a little extra room. It’s a cool little idea. I agree that it appears to be another potential failure point, but I’ll probably do what @americanwolfman suggested and get a button and pressure pad in one (not right away though. I’m going to run pressure pad and see if I even like it).

3 Likes

Did you modify the gas system? Or remove the front sight post?

1 Like

I’d buy a low profile gas block. A couple of gas tube roll pins and this free floating handguard. Probably $100 total to get rid of the silly carbine length handguard with a mile of barrel sticking out past it.

The 13” handguard is $70 and made in the USA. $15 for a low profile gas block and $2 for the roll pin. I’ve edited this post trying to attach the link with the 13” handguard but it keeps defaulting to the 7” version. You’ll have to select the length and color you want when you get to midways site.

3 Likes

Good Morning No sir, the quad rail just took the place of the factory hand guards. The two-piece rail fits in the delta ring.

2 Likes

I didn’t see the sight post under your light, I do like that rail.

2 Likes

I’ll keep this in mind. Thanks for the info. It’s a lot cheaper to swap than I originally thought. I’d like to do this and get a free float barrel set up, but I might just buy a free float upper down the road.

2 Likes

Thank you sir. It was made by UTG and was not very expensive. I spray painted it OD green. It was well made and fit perfectly. Quad rails are somewhat out of fashion these days but I like them. It reminds me of my M4 back in the day.

2 Likes

Made in the USA and has a 1 moa accuracy guarantee

2 Likes

Push pad for me!!

2 Likes

2 sided sticky tape.

2 Likes