AR Contest: Why Do People Think ARs are More Dangerous than Hunting Rifles?

Media bias, they can reach those who don’t know better.

3 Likes

I feel it’s all of the above, but the reason is more to do with how the leftist government has plans they know we won’t stand for.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist… but I think these gun control measures are to slowly take our power away so we can’t fight back. Like it or hate it the AR / AK platforms are the best weapons most of us “can” have against a tyrannical government… we have lost so much ground over them! And the know it.

Bottom line, it’s in the governments best self sustaining interest to disarm us so we are subject to them.

“Those who trade liberty for security have neither. An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.” — John Adams

6 Likes

I believe it is also a matter that people don’t understand the rifle. It looks complicated and they don’t know how to use it. That makes this black rifle scary. If you watch the media with them, they mishandle them all the time, wrong verbiage, wrong definition, all bad for such a great platform.

4 Likes

Assault v Battery: assault is the threat of violence and battery is the physical touching of said violence (generally speaking). People are afraid of what they do not understand and too lazy to.

2 Likes

It could be a combination of ignorance, and the dishonest descriptions from Democrats, and the media causing undue fear.

5 Likes

I agree, the press really pours on the scare tactics.

2 Likes

I think most people are scared of high-capacity magazines.

2 Likes

Ignorance. They listen to the media and believe what they’re going told. They hear “Weapon of War” (not used by any military in the world!) and think that the guy down the street is going to go “Full Blown Rambo” and kill everybody in the block.

2 Likes

I think AR is a great hunting rifle. Unfortunately, a lot of people mistakenly think AR stands for Assault Rifle, which makes it scary.

2 Likes

Don’t forget about the 30 clip mags as well.

1 Like

They are uneducated and worst of all…unwilling to get educated on the subject. All emotional propaganda.

3 Likes

I voted “All of the above”, but the worst offender is the media. Whenever there is a mass shooting with an AR they plaster it on-screen for weeks on end and keep telling people “there’s no reason to have this”. A mass shooting with any other firearm is off the news cycle within 24hrs.

As a result, the only time a huge swath of the country ever sees an AR15 is in association with a mass shooting. They never see or hear about people defending themselves against predators (either 2 or 4 legged), hunting (yes people hunt with ARs), competition, or even just plain old recreation.

2 Likes

I personally think it has to do with the main stream media putting emphasis on the letter ( A) in AR 15 . Saying that it stands for assault in AR15 when it actually doesn’t stand for assault. It actually stands for ArmaLite rifle which is the company who manufactured the fire arm. When the general public hear the word assault they automatically put up a red flag because it’s associated with violence. No fire arm is directly dangerous until it is placed in the hands of a criminal.

5 Likes

I believe the reason is a combination of the answers offered: media bias because…well, it’s the lefts narrative spoon fed by the democrats and ignorance of the general public. When I say ignorance I mean just that, they don’t know much about guns and what they do know is from hearing soapbox speeches by anti 2A politicians. They constantly talk about Clips and “automatics”, not to mention Assault Rifles in general.

2 Likes

It all comes down to the fact that the general public are uneducated to the facts and are too lazy to learn the truth for themselves or unable to learn the truth and therefore will believe anything they hear on the “news” or so social media.

2 Likes

This is almost exactly what I was going to say. This is the best explanation.

1 Like

Straight up ignorance about guns and calibers, plus the media spreading misinformation as always

2 Likes

They look like the M16 they see on T.V. an think it’s the same weapon. Because they don’t know any better. An they hear the media say that also.

2 Likes

All of the above,plus real ignorance and wanting to be valued for having an opinion. Unfortunately a lot are to lazy to find out if there is any merit to their opinion

2 Likes

People have been lied to by press and politicians, both of which know less than the people not knowing any better. If you know nothing and are told by people you trust how terrible they are and are to lazy to find out the truth, then you believe what your told, which is BS.

1 Like