AR 12 build

At this point have a few 5.56 and 9mm builds under my belt. Have one lower left that was going to be 300 blackout. Been thinking about changing that up to 12ga. Anyone build or have one worth?

1 Like

If that is a standard AR-15 lower, I don’t think a 12 ga shell will fit, much less ones in a mag…

3 Likes

@Fred_G that’s a good point and why I asked the question.

1 Like

Me being me because I never heard of such a creature had to go check. Much to my surprise a 2/34" 12ga shell WILL fit in the mag well. Don’t think I could open the feed lips on the magazine enough to make it feed tho. Then I looked online and I will be doggoned. There are such creatures. For like $500!!! Out of stock of course. That said all of them look like AR-10 platform guns, not AR-15 platforms.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Are there any issues with the plastic shells deforming when loaded vertically into a magazine for long periods of time?

2 Likes

@Craig6 thanks for the info. So basically get myself a ar-10 80% lower and away I go. Looks like the 300 blackout will get built with last ar-15 lower

1 Like

@ScottC I dunno exactly I was just amazed that they existed and didn’t go much farther than that. The ones I saw “Kind of” looked like AR’s but not quite. Panzer Arms out of Turkey had one that looked like a straight AR build and I have never seen a “kit” for a 12ga, then again I never looked. I would imagine even on an AR-10 you are going to have to open up the upper at the mag well and I have no idea where to get a bolt for one. I would be interested if you pursue the topic to see what you find. I’m in the middle of a motor build right now and have enough distractions that are keeping me from that so I don’t even want to look right now.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

@Craig6 thank you for your help and information you are the go-to for ar platform here on this community

3 Likes

First world problems when you gotta “settle” for the 300 blackout. :laughing:

5 Likes

300 blackout is still in short supply. 12ga is plentiful

Good Lord, Help us and Save us if I am the go to about any topic around here :roll_eyes: Have I mentioned that I REALLY don’t like the AR platform unless it’s gas piston.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

I have seen them with a drum on it. It would defiantly be better than a single shot break down 12 gauge. I also seen a 410 AR and I liked it too! Okay you got me! I like guns!

1 Like

Funner to reload too!

1 Like

Damn it! Now there’s a new toy to occupy my mind & money.

Just grab a VR80 or the older VR60

@ScottC
Have you considered or checked out the Saiga 12ga.? Great semi auto 12 gauge platform IMO

@Orpackrat. They are nice. And if push comes to shove will pick up either one. Part of the fun is building it myself.