April, our deer friend

Here’s April. She comes to visit almost daily. She brings her fawns, but they stay in the cover.
April is just part of the family, and she makes herself at home around everyone here. She even shows up when we’re having a big BBQ.
She likes to come up and mingle.

8 Likes

:grinning: :grinning:COOL PICS. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

This is sort of out in the bushes and brambles away from highways, so she’s pretty safe. She doesn’t even mind the noise with people rebuilding campers and hotrods.

1 Like

I don’t know what she got all over her back, but it brushes off easily. She’s pretty nosey, so there’s no telling what she’s been into lol.

1 Like

that one picture makes a brand new storage building of my son’s look like it’s leaning over and falling. Odd.

1 Like

That’s awesome :smiley:

@Bugleboy Thank you for the pictures. Pretty cool stuff. I had never seen one without cross-hairs or a red dot on it before. Amazing.

2 Likes

This one is family. We don’t need to kill them all.
I have plenty of meat in the freezer. Animals love me, and I can return their trust. When food is needed, I know how to get it, but it won’t be her or her family.

1 Like

It’s a real blessing and delight every time she shows up. Months back, she showed up one night when we were cooking out at my son’s place (we’re pretty close). Her twins were across the road from the house. Their eyes would show in my flashlight, but they wouldn’t come near or leave mama either.
We have deer everywhere here. I also have some possum and skunk friends. The skunk boy doesn’t bother anything. I’ll leave him some tasty treats sometimes. In the mornings I can see where he’s been digging around after earthworms etc, even next to my dog’s pen. They don’t bother each other either.

That is beyond awesome! They are amazing animals.

1 Like