Anyone have a Mantis Blackbeard

With the ammo shortage and a lot more time on my hands at home I’ve been looking at additional dry fire options. I came across this auto trigger reset system for an AR15.

Does anyone have one of these? If so, what are your thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m thinking I’d wait until they incorporate the 10X shooting system into it. I’d be very interested to see what mechanism they use to cock the hammer just from a mechanical stand point. That is a lot of mass to move backwards against some fairly stiff springs.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

Yeah there isn’t a whole lot of information about it on their product site. It does say supports up to 10 shots per second…which sounds like a lot of shots. :thinking: I’m curious how it works. I’ll wait to see what reviews come in. Looking for any insight in anyone here has one or heard anything about it.

With a $200 price tag I’m not rushing in. That’s a lot of ammo :grin:

Thanks @Craig6

2 Likes

I bought mine 2 months ago and got the blackbeard X and love it. I use it multiple times each day. I use the full Mantis system as a reward system when I get something done. The Laser Academy is amazing and so much fun with the blackbeard X. I can’t say enough good things about all the systems Mantis puts out.

1 Like