Anyone else stepping up their defensive posture for the next 48 hours?

OR is it Mike Pence?

We have issues in Arizona and Nevada. In Georgia too.

2024 can wait.

I would pay attention to “Republicans” who are curiously silent about AZ and NV.

Meanwhile, Antifa’s quiet. Probably satisfied with Dem wins in midterms. Condition Yellow.

2 Likes

I live in a small town where we don’t have any trouble with political issues. But when we go to the city I’m armed and ready to defend my family and me.

3 Likes

If there’s an upside to the red wave not materializing, it’s that the loosers this round aren’t the ones that would go out and riot. So nonviolence should prevail, and that’s what we’ve seen.

And it’s cold outside. Keeps the ner-do-wells in.

1 Like

I don’t see Mike Pence getting through the primaries.
Everyone who knows him says he’s a very nice man. That’s a great compliment, but I think he’d get eaten alive in the primary process.

(I’ve long thought that our primaries are the worst part of our election system. They promote those with the worst character flaws.)

2 Likes

I agee. I think the devaluation of the dollar is more dangerous than any change in govt. Now that most of the results are in we see that the folks in the country are really, really brain dead. Well, they elect brain dead representatives, so I guess that is the politician representing his constituency. That off my chest, I see the next move will be to EBT cards for everyone receiving goobermint money of any kind. Yeah, you retired vets, I am looking at you as well as all the folks on social security. No more direct deposits to your bank account where you can spend the goobermint’s money foolishly. Nosireebob! The goobermint will make your choices for you.

It’s the ultimate control device. Look for it if the dimokrauts have control of both houses. Of course, we always have to factor in RINOs who run around calling themselves conservatives but never saw a spending bill they didn’t instantly approve.

I know this is an old topic. But with Antifa out in Atlanta rioting again. I am going back to the alert level I had during the “Summer of Love”.

6 Likes

Mostly-fiery Winter of Love😁

6 Likes

Our legislature is talking about gender changing drugs and surgeries for kids right now, the gender fluid crowd is really active down here right now. They don’t seem to be too aggressive but we all know what can happen when the crowd mentality take hold.

5 Likes

Absolutely, with all the classified documents flying around, the risk of death by a thousand paper cuts has become a reality!
I recommend stepping up our defensive posture for the next year and a half! We’re living in dangerous times!

All you need is love…and a Molotov cocktail!

Not sure this is sustainable!

4 Likes

This issue is not a major personal concern for me due to where I live. Though it is on the back of my mind for the extremely rare occasions I am forced to visit larger urban areas.

The below issue however is blinking very strongly on my radar screen given current events both natural and geopolitical:

2 Likes

We were told in the Army that both the Russians and Chinese have made plans for years to pop an E.M.P. off in the atmosphere above north America.They wouldn’t have to detonate anything on the ground to create anarchy here.Its a solid plan.They said in less than two weeks the entire U.S. would be fighting each other for resources.If this does happen I’ve prepared for this for years.

6 Likes

I’m not sure we have to wait for China or anyone else to create anarchy, we seem to be doing a great job on our own.
If they proceed with an EMP, we’ll just be doing normal crap in the dark!
It’s possible that if they turn us back to the 5th century, we’ll be able to see more clearly. Sometimes true chaos can bring about real truth!
If a butterfly flaps it’s wings…

Haven’t Brandon, et Al flapped enough to cause trouble around the globe. They are the epitome of the concept!
Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not comparing them to the beauty of the butterfly rather the grotesqueness of a cockroach rubbing it’s legs together.

5 Likes

Power grid failure will be a nightmare in cities.Once the stores have all been looted and there’s nothing for them to eat the rate at which they will turn on one another will be ugly.Ive got a couple of years supply of mre.Ive got water purification equip…a tote full of bic lighters, batteries of all types…and a few thousand rounds of ammo.

5 Likes

watch out on those mre’s heard some will make your legs go straight out when you excrete em…

oh and you’ll have a death grip on the toilet seat also is the word…

something about excreting an iron bar IIRC…

1 Like

I’ve had to ingest plenty of those in my service career.They ain’t great,they will feed you

2 Likes

If they can do it, we can do it. Maybe I’m wrong, but I have enough ammo for the year and a 1000 pounds of food!

2 Likes

I’ve heard this for decades. Almost as long as I’ve heard about rising sea levels and flying cars. I’m not saying they aren’t real, I’m just saying that I was promised an apocalypse, and I feel very disappointed.

6 Likes

And what, pray tell, are we hoping to accomplish with an apocalypse?
Asking for a friend!

1 Like

I am personally praying for a soft landing. But now that we consumers are running out of money and credit to buy all the useless junk that those in power keep convincing us we need to buy they don’t have much reason to keep us around anymore. Since the projection that shutting down the US power grid would lead to a 90% reduction in population, it could be seen as a very convenient way to limit the number of pitchforks heading their way when this Ponzi scheme comes to an end. Not to mention the Russians could see it as the perfect way to keep us from supplying Ukraine.

I think an EMP is unlikely. The grid can be easily taken down with cyber and/or physical attacks and it would be much easier to lay the blame for that on a third party to avoid retribution and escalation. There have been countless cyber attacks on the grid in the past year and several recent physical attacks as well.

Or the sun could just burp and send us back to the 1800s. Either way we are overly dependent on fragile, aging infrastructure and the government has no workable plans in place to rectify that or to deal with the chaos that would follow if/when it fails.

5 Likes