Any one eles feel that covid 19 is becoming an excuse for gun control

More and more people in power are closing gun shops as none essential businesses. This is like saying the constitution is none essential. Whl eles os getting pissed about this?

5 Likes

I think some perspective is in order. Itā€™s not like gun shops and ranges are being singled out. Those online ammo providers who have inventory are still shipping (though most have jacked prices up).

2 Likes

I feel like Covid-19 is used as an excuse to suspend several rights. Iā€™m bright enough to know to stay home, without being put 2 steps from house arrest. I am concerned when this is over, the brilliant folks who got us into this mess will decide to keep their new power.

13 Likes

@Chris3 - I guess Iā€™m just not as concerned the current situation is that permanent.

2 Likes

Sure hope you are correct.

3 Likes

Idaho: Governor Little Protects the Second Amendment ā€“ Gun Stores Will Remain Open

Great news!!!

7 Likes

The 2nd will always be under attack. Covid-19 is just the flavor of the day to do so. When itā€™s over, weā€™ll be back to school/church/mass shootings being the excuse.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget that some states have stopped performing the ā€œPoint of Contactā€ functions for the NICS (this stops local and online gun purchases). I know GOA is making some noise to the ATF about this but have not heard about any formal legal action yet.

4 Likes

I find it interesting to say the least, that most, if not all our major disasters or outbreaks come when Republicans are in power.
Bare with me while i make my point, or raise my concern for that matterā€¦U see, America is basically a SUPER SIZED PIGGY BANK in the eyes of some. Well, in order to ā€œrob the piggy bankā€ without raising an eyebrow, one must create some sort of a major situation, ie: attack, disaster, outbreak, etcā€¦because then, and only then, do the people in position get to write ā€œblank checksā€ such as a 2 trillion dollar emergency check which is almost impossible to distribute and fully account for, even when oversight committees have been put in place, which not to mention, they conveniently tried to leave out as usual, thatā€™s why Dems voted NO last week, so that an oversight committee could be put into place, then voted yes when oversight was added, and it was passed.
I mean weā€™ve seen this before, like when Bush (Dubya) bombed the f*@% out of Iraq, then pulled funds from the ā€œpiggy bankā€ to rebuild Iraqā€¦which he of course made sure his golfing buddies won the contracts to. How convenient, or coincidental?

Of course i hope that i am wrong and itā€™s just a meaningless thought and/or opinion.

2 Likes

The dems voted no, because they wanted to add more pork to the bill. Green new deal garbage, abortion add ons, and so on. Like Iā€™ve said before. The left wing, and right wing, are attached to the same buzzard.

4 Likes

And the previous big bail out, was when Obama said GM and Chrysler were ā€œto big to let fail.ā€ And that bailout has ruined Chevy trucks. (GM=Government Motors)

1 Like

Although i like the quote, i must disagreeā€¦I feel the left and right have moved so far apart, they have basically ripped apart and morphed into 2 separate creatures, both are now incomplete and inadequate as a half.
Even worse, they have caught a glimpse of each others unsightly appearance and are mortified of what they see, choosing now instead to demonize one another, acting now as though one were superior to the otherā€¦and even maybe eventually attempting to kill one another.

1 Like

I can agree to this.

2 Likes

I donā€™t care for Obama to be honest, but it is unfair to put that bail out on him when it was already on his desk before he even got into the oval office.

1 Like

It was a time reference. And he signed it, nonetheless. The point is, go through history. Republican and Democrat controlled legislatures have wasted our money. Itā€™s not one, more than the other. The stimulus that we are about to receive passed a Democrat majority house, and 90 senators voted yes. Itā€™s a bipartisan bill, if ever there was one.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if this ā€œpandemicā€ is a gun grab or what. But as of this moment Iā€™m more concerned with what citizens are gonna do not the government. People are panicked and scared, that makes them desperate and unpredictable. Till people calm down and start acting rationally Iā€™ll be on higher alert than normal.

In my opinion the government will only show up after the criminals have gotten so out of hand they can say weā€™re doing this for your safety even tho they are the ones letting the criminals go.

2 Likes

The veneer of civilization is pretty thin-look what happened after Katrina. Now folks are in a panic over the Corona virus. Yes, it is a ā€œrealā€ problem, no, there is no reason to panic as there are plenty of supplies for everyone IF the silly folks donā€™t panic and feel they need to buy 100 rolls of TP or 50 lbs of, hamburger. I worked for 42 years as a safety engineer and made a darn good living ā€˜cause people are fundamentally stupid (safety in the final analysis Is basically just common sense). My work partner (IH) used to always point out the ā€œwarningsā€ on everything and then note they are there because some moron actually DID what they warn about (example: warning on lawnmowerNOT use as a hedge trimmer-itā€™s there because somebody ā€œdidā€:smirk:), warnings on McDonalds coffee that it ā€œmay be hot and cause burnsā€ (duh, if itā€™s not ā€œhotā€ I donā€™t Want it). The current mess is just another excuseā€¦

4 Likes

It ended up being bipartisan, but clearly did not begin that way. Mitch McConnell stated publicly that he and fellow republicans were working on a package, that would be then brought to the table to be voted on by both sides. It was at this point Dems rejected it and provisions were made, such as the addition of an oversight committee and a no buy back clause.

1 Like

And the republicans stopped the democrats from adding things that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHIG to do with Covid 19. Collective bargaining for unions? Emissions on jets? The fact is, the Democrats donā€™t give a rats butt about workers. They see this crisis as an opportunity to hold the nation hostage, to try and hurt the President. Never let a good crisis go to waste. (Rahm Emmanuel, Barack Obamaā€™s Chief of Staff). So, I will just flat out disagree with you. The Republicans add pork to bills. The current crop of Democrat Senators and Representatives are in lock step to take our money, for personal gain. They will take our money, to give to those who do not deserve it. They have, and will exploit a crisis to drive their agenda. It is happening as we speak.

6 Likes

And I am in no way saying all Republicans are one way, and all Democrats are another. I am only speaking about those currently in office. Many of our members are Republicans, Democrats, Libertarian, and so on.

4 Likes