Another Opinion - Very Clearly Stated

We heard the same stuff here in Utah when Governor Cox signed our Constitutional Carry law, so far, it hasn’t turnred into a lawless assaults’ on citizens and police officers,

9 Likes

Blah, blah, blah…I’ve been hearing this tired old BS argument ever since Florida passed concealed carry laws decades ago. The doomsday scenarios didn’t happen then and haven’t happened since. You’d think they’d at least learn to sing a different song.

8 Likes

IMO, PROS & CONs for background checks.

• criminals shouldn’t ( continually ) be set free. So other than delayed background checks I think it’s a must.
  • 2A infringement and firearm training are two different issues. As far as training ( safety ) it’s a darn good idea bases on what I bin seeing.
    PS: if you pass a background check WTF is all the paperwork for.
4 Likes

Interesting argument. I hope discernment for saving lives helps to work it out.

3 Likes

Agreed BUT, right now it’s all driven by a Government be it local or federal. As long as the system is ALL government it looks a lot like registering gun owners, something that I think everyone should be a bit nervous about.

4 Likes

Silly rabbit, “their” arguments don’t have to be based on facts. I don’t know of a single state that has had any of the fear mongering rhetoric come true.

6 Likes

“We are concerned that the now legally permissible ability for Ohioans to carry concealed weapons without the requirements of permits, training”

Alright, which one of us here wrote it?

Not when government mandates the latter as a prerequisite prior to granting you written permission to exercise your privilege to keep and bear arms :wink:

5 Likes

PS: Common sense should make people get safety training, not State or Federal laws.

6 Likes

Yes. I’d say “good sense” as the other term is has been twisted around too much, but, yes, it should.

Which should also be their own personal decision, not the government’s

Recommend education and training as much as possible on a personal level as a matter of choice. Both laws/legality and the nuts and bolts of handling and shooting

Bias of course but I really like the Ask an Attorney series in the Protector Academy on the USCCA website as a great primer for the legal aspect (Elite members). Over 24 hours with a great and firearms-knowledgeable attorney, and it’s easy to listen to you really only need the audio

5 Likes

Hay Gang, thanks, I had to check to see if I was speaking in tongues ( lol )
It’s all good. same church, different poo.

4 Likes

Good point but until one examines one’s fears one doesn’t know if they are true or not. They just want the fear to go away.

I read a book by Terry Goodkind and in it he said something that always stuck with me: “People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it’s true, or because they are afraid it might be true.”

8 Likes

All I can say is that in the 50’s/60’s`before all the so called restiction laws is that we were safer then when weapons were free to carry and there was really no serious crime when every pickup truck had 1/4 weapons in the rear rack,then the laws came to keep us safer and that never happened,did it?

2 Likes

I live in Ohio and have had my CHL for almost 3 years. As an honorably discharged Marine vet, I was able to obtain my license without the 8 hr training requirement. I had not owned a firearm in the 50+ years since coming home from Vietnam. Turmoil in the democrat led cities in 2020, drove my desire to be able to protect myself and others. That said, I took it upon myself to learn all aspects of firearm regs, along with non lethal means to avoid a deadly confrontation. Especially valuable are the After the shooting videos from USCCA. Out of respect for LEOs, I will continue to declare my carry while engaging with LEOs. I absolutely agree that ANYONE choosing to carry, concealed or otherwise to train themselves(as a bare minimum), in all the aspects of firearm laws. I’ve said to many others who consider CC, to realize that our cc privilege, constitutionally granted( yea 2A) carries a ton of responsibilities that require constant training and understanding public safety and state/ local firearm laws wherever they reside.

7 Likes

Please explain the your opinion of what the nuts and bolts of handling and shooting are. Thank you.

What do you believe it means? His comment about “good sense” seems to apply here.

2 Likes

If you have the money (cash or financing) you may purchase an automobile. If you pass the driver’s test (knowledge of proper use through written exam and practical demonstration, and eye exam) you may receive a driving license. Cars kill more people than firearms. Why then should the requirements to own a firearm be more stringent than those to own an automobile? Based on comparison of automobile-related deaths to firearm-related deaths the Government should be giving away firearms because they are much safer. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Driving is a priveledge. Keeping and bearing is a right…
Your observation is right-on.

4 Likes

I think I’m for firearm arm rights, but with some rules. I never could stand behind the car/vehicle comparison though. But of course, that’s just me.

To me, just very different from one another. Wouldn’t leave my firearm out in a parking lot, wouldn’t leave my firearm around my minor-aged relatives, but have left my car keys on my dresser, unlocked.

I’ll talk to anti-gunners, but with other comparisons. I need to realize I don’t want em running for the hills, but want them to hear. JIMHO.

1 Like

I agree. In the mid 60s we had a shotgun in the pickup or car at the high school for duck or pheasant hunting. Occasionally, the shop coach would hold a class on cleaning the gun properly and safely.

No-one locked their homes and cars either.

Any dispute was settled one on one behind the gym. Once the dust settled, the argument was over.

5 Likes