Ammunition

I have noticed that some ammo manufacturers are having some troubles keeping 9mm ammo in stock to the retailers. Have I missed something or are we in another ammo shortage? Remington umc seems to be the hardest to find.

1 Like

@Winsam I even did some checking around, couldn’t find any thing that stood out, no one commenting on a shortage. Maybe just a seasonal shortage in manufacturing. :wink:
Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy.

3 Likes

Shelves are completely stocked here in the Dallas area. But not so much when I leave. :innocent:

4 Likes

HOARDER! :roll_eyes: Have you been to Idaho lately. :wink:

2 Likes

There’s plenty of 9mm Parabellum on the shelves in my corner of the woods.
Not much UMC in any caliber though.

@BRUCE26 Everyone in Texas be like…

2 Likes

I was in Cabela’s today and they actually had a lot of all brands but no UMC now that you mention it.

Side note: I’m handing down a 6 month suspension on them for failure to serve. They could not print my temporary discount card because they need my driver’s license, not my licence to carry, even though that has my DL# on it! Lazy lazy lazy customer service. Didn’t want to look it up via my name or phone number. Went to academy to buy…

1 Like

@Fizbin You are right. My Texas DL and LTC cards look VERY similar. The state even uses the same picture. I have to look twice sometimes to see which is which. The biggest difference being the back. Not sure why the state can’t just issue one card for both. Basically your drivers license already lists restrictions and such… why not just have something that says “LTC Handgun”?

Actually, several prominent, prepped sites have been pushing buy orders due to the Coronavirus. It’s starting to gather steam as a possible pandemic in some types of online communities.

I’m seeing the same thing. Not sure why!

Just went to Academy today to look at .45 ball ammo for the range. They had a lot of 9mm even in 500 round boxes. Rained today so I guess I will have to wait to hit the range. Maybe Friday? Texas doesn’t seem to have any shortages.

1 Like

I usually order online, so I haven’t noticed a shortage.

1 Like

So… I happened to look at my favorite ammo online retailer today… sgammo.com. And they have temporarily stopped taking new orders. They say they are 10days behind due to overwhelming volume. I literally gasped when I saw that and thought about my post above ^^^

2 Likes

Yup, worse then the TP scare. We need to let china know the ammunition industry is booming. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hysteria buying. Friday a local Theisen’s had plenty of handgun ammo, including self defence ammo.
Today, nearly wiped out.

This is why we prep, buy in small lots over a period of years so we are not caught with our pants :flushed: down.

4 Likes

@BRUCE26

Pants, securely up. I’ve always had plans Alpha through Zulu.

I’m more worried about people who haven’t planned. I have a plan for that too but the hysteria is starting to get to me.

2 Likes

Yup us to. That’s our only worry right now the dreaded “Lemming Hoard”. :scream:

1 Like