Ammunition possession

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of ammunition a person can own?

6 Likes

As much as your wife will allow…:joy::joy::joy:

20 Likes

How much can you afford,or load?

10 Likes

You walking or swimming? :smile:

9 Likes

20 Likes

I would guess there are states or local entities that might have limits. You would need to check laws where you live.

5 Likes

If there ever was a limit, I’m sure there would be people who would bury sealed ammo cans of ammo under their homes and such…

More often than not I’d say hidden ammo results from ammo limits, imposed by wife’s with the budget in mind.

8 Likes

The only “limits” that I am aware of are for gun powder storage and those are set by local fire codes. I’ve never seen a federal one with the exception of black powder which has all kinds of rules for bulk storage and transport.

Funny now that you all mention it, my wife has never asked me: How many guns I have. How much ammo I have. We discovered VERY early on in our marriage that we needed three bank accounts. Hers, Mine and Ours. She gets a certain amount of my paycheck, every paycheck and what ever is left is mine. When I was deployed she would pull her “tithing” out and anything else was left alone no matter how much or little. This tactic kept both of us from bouncing checks all over the countryside.

Cheers,

Craig6

9 Likes

I’m with @2A-Patriot… My storage is really big, my wife needs most of its space :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

On behalf of the female half of relationships everywhere - :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m the one who stocks up on ammo in this house! And I’m betting a bunch of other women here are the same way…

11 Likes

9 Likes

I live in Tempe, Arizona. And a few years ago I wanted to start my own reloading business out of my home. And I was told by the city that I couldn’t do it for sale. Because of Hazmat regulations. But that I could reload ALL of the ammo that I wanted for my own personal use. Go figure.

3 Likes

My wife and I have an understanding, the bills are paid and kids fed. I don’t ask how much that haircut cost she doesn’t worry how much that heavy box at the door cost. After recent events she’s actually showing interest it what we have in the house. Lol

7 Likes

My hubby was online with some of his friends who were grousing about how their wives won’t let them buy another gun or more ammo… his comment… “My wife buys way more guns and ammo than I do” :laughing:

… that moment were your friends hate your guts… yeah, my hubby had that :joy:

On is there a limit to how much ammo you can have? How strong is your floor? :grin:

I’m not aware of any state laws regarding ammo limits at the moment (california… who knows, it could happen). There are storage codes (burn cabinets, volumes) for different kinds of powder, and those are set by the state you’re in. But I’m not aware of actual limits on how much.

5 Likes

In Kentucky I can have as much ammo (that she can find) as my wife will allow!

7 Likes

So I read that and though… er… WHICH one of you is hiding the ammo from the other? :laughing:

3 Likes

My wife doesn’t say anything when I get ammo. I just recently got a full can of mk262 mod1 and she smiled. That means (in wife talk) I will be going shopping and you better not say a word. She scares me more than the potential bad guys do, LOL!

7 Likes

Doggone Dude a CAN of 262!!! The owner of Black Hills is a friend of mine and I can’t get 262. Rock on!!!

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Weeeellllll… I sorted and reorganized the ammo yesterday.
apparently the hubby things we are perpetually out of 7.62x39 :laughing:
I’m thinking maybe we should be investing in other calibers, but no… when he’s out he’s convinced we’re out of 7.62x39 and always tries to fill in that gap.
Um… we have that… NOPE, I’m sure we’re almost OUT… :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m thinking of hiding the ammo under her shoes! Don’t ask don’t tell!

5 Likes