Ammo Recommendations

I try to spend as much time there.

3 Likes

I may have to check out Target Sports - worth a few extra pennies if they’re that awesome to our fellow responsibly armed Americans.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried any of the Jesse James ammo?
A buddy of mine has a gun shop and gave me some to test but I have yet to make it to the range to try it.
Anyone ran across this yet?

1 Like

Reload all my practice ammo. My carry ammo is Hornady Personal Defense. I like the name in case of court appearance. I’ve been reloading some Speer GD’s and may buy some factory loads for carry. Usually buy at Cabela’s or Midway.

1 Like

I was given a box of the Jesse James 125 grain .38 Special ammo and shot all twenty rounds at the range (I normally do not shoot entire boxes of premium ammo but since I rarely shoot my old revolver I’ve got .38 and .357 coming out my ears).

I didn’t see anything so spectacular that I’d switch away from the Underwood Extreme Defender I carry in my 9mm pistols but just judging from this extremely short range session I also wouldn’t feel undergunned with the Jesse James stuff assuming the actual hollowpoint was a quality design. I’m not equipped to test expansion or penetration and have no clue whether whoever makes the ammo for Jesse James uses a bullet of their own design or loads with a major manufacturer’s hollowpoint. I don’t recall seeing anything on the box that stated what the actual bullet was but at least the box was pretty cool looking.

Anyway, each round went bang when I pulled the trigger and reliability in my revolver was flawless as expected (which doesn’t necessarily translate to good functioning in a semi-auto but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until someone wants to throw a few boxes in 9mm my way :smile:). I didn’t have any problems with accuracy since, like most ammo, it was at least as accurate as I am
which doesn’t say a whole lot.

1 Like

I have had good luck with Fiocci and Winchester target rounds. Remington is iffy. Half the time it throws grit out my barrel.

Anybody tried NovX? It sounds interesting, but may not work with my Walther CCP.

1 Like