Americans Buy Enough Guns To Arm United States Marine Corps

https://tribunist.com/news/americans-bought-enough-guns-on-black-friday-to-arm-the-marine-corps-yet-again/?utm_source=whiskey

9 Likes

According to the FBI, over 200,000 background check requests associated with the purchase of a firearm were submitted to the agency on Black Friday, marking the second highest gun sales day ever.

Bummer… I wasn’t one of those 200,000. :frowning:

But it’s great to see people arming themselves - I hope they all get training and would love to see them here so they can learn more and share their knowledge.

Did you buy a gun on Black Friday?

8 Likes

I bought ammo on Small business Saturday m at my local gun shop. I wonder, how much ammo was bought. No background check on that. :thinking:

6 Likes

Unless you’re in California :frowning:

7 Likes

Bought ammo and a tac light from a local shop here.

5 Likes

Forgive me, the numbers dont enthuse me. Armed population, so were Australians, so were New Zealanders, so?
Cohesive armed community is another story. Where I live (South Florida), I dont see a cohesive community.

4 Likes

Hey!!! Did I miss the Black Friday sale on “automatic/select fire” weapons??? :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know that the Marines would necessarily want to be armed with the weapons we’re typically currently allowed to purchase. :wink:

2 Likes

YYuuuuuupppp!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

An’ I got more than one also :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Picked up the baby Canik from my FFL - so I paid the transfer but I’d bought it a couple of weeks earlier and had it shipped. But the hubby shopped for parts, ammo, powder… yep we did our part to support the 2A economy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe make December Take a Non-Shooter to the Range month in Florida :slight_smile:
Every convert helps!

4 Likes

@Dawn There’s always Christmas Dawn or New Years Eve. Make it a Holiday Tradition like “It’s a Wonderful Life”

3 Likes

No I didn’t (although I did buy some ammo)……my plan is this…

I sit tight and wait and watch my lovely wife and beautiful children get everything they asked for/wanted as they open up presents Christmas morning…and then I smile politely as I open up a baseball hat of my favorite football team, a new wallet and maybe a new piece of camping kit…all nice, but nothing I really wanted. Then my dear wife will ask/state “well I didn’t know what to get you”…and I’ll confess that it’s my fault (because it’s always the husband’s fault, I learned that year 4) because I didn’t tell her about this one “thing” that I did kind of want and thought about asking for but it was gun related and I didn’t want her to have to try and go through the paperwork hassle of actually buying it or the cost hitting her pocket…and then ladies and gentlemen…my dear wife will give me permission to make the purchase of “the gun thing” I wanted (because I’ve been setting a little money aside anyway by cutting back on eating out)…….and then I’ll be able to bring this beauty (or something like it, I won’t buy the NV sight) home guilt free by mid-January…

That…is the plan… Yep…I’m playing 4D chess…:smiley:

6 Likes

@Dawn, nooo but like everybody else I purchased some ammo…

It was today though for cyber Monday and online. I stayed at home for Black Friday.
I hope new gun owners get some training as well. That’s the next step…
(1) educate(laws and safety)
(2) buy gun(s)
(3) educate & train

4 Likes

Dude! You are totally working that good-hubby thing. You get an “A”! :laughing: :+1::+1:

Let us know if it works :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

That would be a good idea in general @Zee

4 Likes

Good! Buy more Firearms! The more Americans own the more difficult it is for the Liberals to take! Support the Manufacturers

4 Likes

Roger that…

Welcome to the community @Paul66.

1 Like

Yes I did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweet @Keary! Hope you got something Awesome :grin: Welcome to the group!

I just happened to stop by my local mom/pop gun shop this afternoon…apparently they were in receipt of a note from a stout bearded gentleman in a red suit who informed them I had made “List A”, and that I’ll have a special Christmas present in a week or so…and that I needed to complete some paperwork and mail off to the North Pole with a $200 check and apparently the Easter Bunny will be back by in the spring to complete the delivery…the plan is coming together nicely… :smiley:

4 Likes