All Expense Paid Vacation Ideas

Forgiven :heart_hands:

I’d either head to the middle east and see Egypt, the far east and hit Thailand, or my final choice would be South Africa for a safari!

4 Likes

I enjoyed Australia in my 20’s but after the China virus, I don’t think travel would be as enjoyable. I’d rather have the cash now.

4 Likes

Depends on what you want to see/do/experience. People? Food? Quiet? Museums?

Europe is a great place to start. Before, as my uncle would say, “the broad” took over and ruined it, I’d have said New Zealand.

5 Likes
1 Like

Perhaps you’re looking to get away from it all! As a certified “Bluenose” I can say for certain that the most peaceful place on the planet, is here, the North Pole. Sunshine, sea, awesome sunsets, picnics, maybe a little fishing…
Don’t consider the South Pole, too many scientists!

Don’t try this at home, that’s a heart attack waiting to happen.
Water temperature a balmy 28 degrees!

4 Likes

People would laugh but a Week in Poland would be very cool. The Poles are one of the few people in Europe that love Americans. A USAF pilot i know went there for training and he said that the people were nice and the women were stunning.

5 Likes

I think I would go to the greek islands, Rhodes(only one I can name lol). I like warm weather, the sea and good food. Not much on olives though.

2 Likes

Crime is bad in Brazil, Argentina and with the Venezuela problems right now it would be a pass for me.

2 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of Costa Rica or Chile.

There are dangerous places everywhere. Doesn’t mean we should all hide in our bunkers. My wife and I even somehow survived a month in Guatemala and Belize. Granted things are a little sketchier there now than when we went 8 or so years ago.

2 Likes

As with going places in the US, follow the rules of stupid:
Don’t go stupid places
With stupid ppl
Doing stupid things
At stupid times

I would apply that to traveling as well.

5 Likes

Dangers in travel remind me of when I went to South Korea for work – 3 miles from the DeMilitarized Zone (DMZ). My employer provided a safety rating and warnings for everywhere I would be on the trip. Ironically, the safest rating went to South Korea, and the most dangerous to Detroit!

Thank you, I sincerely appreciate the inputs. You guys have hit on several destinations I had in mind, as well as now have me internet exploring some I had not thought to consider. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) don’t intend to lock in for another 6 to 12 months because I do not feel 100% recovered from the open heart surgery I needed 6 months ago.

5 Likes

Seychelles or the Maldives.

5 Likes

The only disadvantage… you will need another week to recover from hangover. :wink:

1 Like

Oh yeah. I hear they drink like Russians there. They can really sock it away.

1 Like

New Zealand, would be my answer.

1 Like

So what did you decide?

There are a lot of great suggestions from all of you - thank you very much for all of them! After much deliberation and nashing of teeth, I have choosen Kenya on a 2 week safari this April :+1:

It will be 1 week each at 2 different base camps. There will be 6 of us going, my wife of course, my Mother-In-Law and her sister, and one of my shooting buddies and his wife. Shooting buddy, his wife, and my Mother-In-Law have all been on this trip before and this will be completely different than anywhere I have ever been. I am genuinely blessed, excited, and looking forward to it.

4 Likes

Is it a hunting trip or a sightseeing trip? Either one would be amazing.

I seriously considered a trip to Kenya. John Lovell of the Warrior Poet Society guides a couple of trips each year. I thought that would be an amazing trip. Turned out to be too expensive for me.

1 Like

It is sightseeing … I will have to increase my trigger time before and after to be sure I don’t get too rusty :rofl: