AlienGear Setup

I was interested in buying another shell for my current set up, and this is what my problem was. I couldn’t even get anyone on the phone.

I ended up buying a crossbreed holster. I do not like the product as much as the alien gear (I really like their 4.0 shape shift), but I got my product two weeks after ordering.

1 Like

@Scoutbob I’m curious,did u wear any AlienGear OWB with a cover garment/shirt? That’s how I intend to wear my 2 belt slide holsters for concealment, but I’ve not seen any comments online about how well their OWB stuff conceals…
Any input welcome.

I did order a double bag carrier, but those will come off and be used as individual single mag carriers at the desired belt locations & angles… I have high hopes for this setup. Tired of packing IWB … but, if it’s necessary, I’ll go back to my awesome clingerholsters setup

1 Like

I did not, that’s actually the part I wanted wanted to order with my new shell. I have the IWB holster. I wanted to buy the owb parts with a new shell so I could use the IWB and OWB set ups on both guns.

1 Like

Aliengear almost confuses me. It’s almost like they have two different product lines, and they are definitely not interchangeable. Example, I bought 2 belt slide holsters. They do not work with the car mount system because they’re not part of the system with the shells etc. Whatever. I’ll try these OWB holsters and the mag carriers, and go from there. Maybe I’ll buy more stuff from them, maybe not. Toooooo early to tell.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re not my favorite company I don’t like their site, and I’ve head their customer service is lacking (I couldn’t get anyone on the phone. BUT they’re shape shift line is just a great product imo.

1 Like

Hmmm, I need to inform here.

I was able to get someone OTP, AND they assisted me in putting my order together, explained things involved with that particular order, and then emailed it to me so that all I had to do was click a link and proceed to the checkout, pay, and my order would be shipped.
After they had done that, I came up with yet more questions, and they were answered in response to the customer service email I’d been sent rather quickly. So, at minimum, customer service was reachable for ordering and product info, and very helpful.

Now, here’s where I say the shipping is slow because they make their products as they are ordered I was told, at least the holsters. Initially I was looking at a mid-July delivery. Now I’m expecting the order to arrive tomorrow. There was some confusing tracking stuff I had to deal with, such as having a confirmed UPS delivery day/time, then the order being transferred to a different shipping outfit, who transferred it to USPS. So, let’s see, today is Wednesday, I was supposed to have the order, per their tracking info, Saturday. The local post office told me today that I should have the order tomorrow, Thursday.
In the scheme of what I was initially told as for delivery, it’s going to be about a month early. But, as per tracking info I was given, about 5 days late. Whatever. They were nice enough to expedite it a bit for me after I inquired about such things…

2 Likes

@Greg35
Yessir. I’ve done IWB by s couple manufacturers.
I’m going OWB because I like that draw from concealment better,and if I put everything I carry IWB, it would take my pants size up too much.
Thus far,the most comfy IWB I’ve used was by clingerholsters,and have also tried Galco, & Mitch Rosen. I’d rather wear baggy shirts to cover OWB than deal with IWB at this poinymt.

1 Like

Aliengear shipped my order by UPS. Then it went to something-innovations, transferred to USPS. I still dont have the order. USPS advised calling the shipper,I did, and was advised that recently they’ve had trouble with USPS not scanning all boxes they get in from transfers…short story was, give it a few more days then call back.

2 Likes

Update :slight_smile: AlienGear order finally arrived today. The holdup was USPS.

Had to adjust retention on 2 holsters and mag carriers that are not being used as part of the double carrier in the order, but as single OWB carriers.

I now have the 1911 at 4 oclock with a spare Sig 365xl spare mag 15 rd) just towards 2 oclock.
On the left, we have the holstered P366xl and just behind it the spare 1911 rd mag.

Every dang thing is adjustable, cane with tons of spare hardware & spacers, neatly packaged, easy to adjust and get on my belt, replacing the 1 LH OWB rig I’d been carrying for the Sig.

Very pleased with AG customer service, etc. I am getting no obvious look of holstered guns while wearing a somewhat baggy Propper shirt. The holsters do pull the pistols to the body nicely.

Initial rating here is a thumbs up for AlienGear OWB stuff. Am hoping to avoid carrying IWB in the future - it’s a comfort thing is all, personal preference.

1 Like