AIWB In a Thunderstorm

This happened in summer of 1968

1 Like

Electricity will take the path of less resistance every time, the bigger the conductor (body ) is a better path than the arm. Lightning strikes can also go from the ground up not always from up to ground. I have done electrical repairs
Caused by lightning. Wires in and on buildings were reduced to a smudge marks.
I have worked with 13,800 volts as a Power company lineman and Thatā€™s childā€™s play Compared to lightning.
:us::us::us:

2 Likes

Yes think most lighting that connects with the ground actually starts at the ground. And the path of least resistance is usually the shortest route from the ground to the high point. So if your shoulder is the high point and the arm is touching the ground then there is a chance it will go that way instead of through your whole body. At least that is what I was taught a few decades ago. It is entirely possible that information is outdated. Though I do know laying flat on the ground is a bad idea since you can be exposed to a lot of electricity running through the ground from a nearby strike.

4 Likes

@Shamrock Sometimes people are not as lucky. Click here >>. The Great Outdoors - Reg (Full Scene) - YouTube

3 Likes

Have read several true stories of people getting hit multiple times! Definitely something I work to avoid when possible:)

3 Likes

@Shamrock PS : water is a none conductor of electricity, the impurities in it conduct electricity. Also the electron theory is that electricity travels from negative to positive not positive to negative because, neutrons are lighter than protons. ( thatā€™s all folks)

3 Likes

I believe it would not change your DNA, it might change you to a eunuch, but we would never know, unless you told us. :rofl:

I wonā€™t askā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

@KillJoy >> BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR > you might not be able to handle it - but she could.

1 Like