Advice on repairs

Is there anyone who may have Armsport by miami,fla. 38 special 4540/41. 4 inch barrel. Need some info on the inner workings and replacement parts
I have checked all over the web ,but just can not find out anything about it or,replacement parts. Thanks in advance. Ps it was made in Argentinia

Seems to be made in the 60s or 70s. Some info states it’s a well made firearm. Perhaps a very good gunsmith may help. Good luck.

3 Likes

Best I could find, doe’s it look like a copy of S&W, Colt or Dan Wesson, that’s how Taurus started out.
If it is parts may be interchangeable. Check with a Gunsmith. :+1:

Armsport was the importer, not the mfg.
Check the proof stamps on the barrel.
If there is an “I” inside a box, it was mfg by Investarm.
A quality builder.
The proof stamps will tell you mfg and year of mfg.

3 Likes

@Timothy110 >> try NUMRICH GUN PARTS

1 Like

An outstanding site for gun parts reference books and parts. They have been around for a long time.

3 Likes

The Jack First site has a three volume set that covers one volume each for rifles, shotguns and handguns. They make a good shelf reference if you’re working with several guns.

The suggestion Blacky made about going to NUMRICH will be more appropriate, since you only want info on one firearm. They will provide a schematic and parts list for a small fee. You can see the schematic without the parts list on their site.

2 Likes

Its inner workings looks like the smith n wesson. But also the taurus.

1 Like

Check the proof stamps on the barrel.
If there is an “I” inside a box, it was mfg by Investarm.
A quality builder.
The proof stamps will tell you mfg and year of mfg.

Made in Argentina by,FYL. in a square box :M.R. 4540/41. Model. .
There’s no. I in a box anywhere.
Ive never had this much trouble on any firearm i have collected

1 Like

No matching parts ,but thanks for the info

Taurus started out copying S&W so try that for parts as I said.
Very frustrating, I have had guns sit in the rack because parts were not available. :angry:

2 Likes

Yep tha’ts usually the road I take. If I search and don’t find parts its to Double H gunsmithing it goes.I find the Taurus’s I own to be very trustworthy. Hope you get your running again.

2 Likes

Fortunately its never stoped working its biggest problem is the cylinder dose not aways want to turn. I can manipulate it to work, that just wont do lol