Advice on a fixed blade knife please

Thank you for you thoughts on that. I actually tried to add space (make paragraphs) after I typed that out but found that if you add space between lines after typing that the whole paragraph below that point turns into one very long line with a scroll bar below it so anyone reading would need to use the scroll bar to pull it along to the right to get everything from that point on. I think it’s somewhat of a bug in this program being used for the USCCA community discussion. Might not be a problem for others but I tend to zip along typing out thoughts without making paragraphs until I’m done.

1 Like

@dawn may be able to pass that bug along to the tech team for you @LightBeing - I’m doing that on several platforms and not seeing the problem, so maybe the platform you’re on has a bug :slight_smile:

Hi Zee, I just tested it from Firefox browser and it does not seem to happen now so it may be just from the browser I previously used - thus just a browser issue although I use that other one extensively on other forums and haven’t ever had that problem. I’ll call it as just an incompatibility between my other browser and the forum software here. It’s a less common browser so no worries. I’ll use Firefox here in the future.

1 Like

I see it occasionally on Chrome on some sites but usually it’s because we’ve done something unwittingly to cause it because it’s very inconsistent. Usually I see it when quoting material rather than editing my own too for whatever that’s worth.

Trust me I’m not a grammar Nazi or anything but large wall of text posts no matter how good usually result in people reading about three to five lines and giving up.

1 Like

I do exactly that to a “wall of text” from my phone. It’s too easy to skip sentences or reread sentences and lose your place. With my schedule most of my internet time is via mobile.

2 Likes

I am no knife expert @Zee but I think KaBar is always a good choice. https://www.kabar.com/

2 Likes
1 Like

I was recently rewarded by sharing a KA-BAR post on Facebook with a Single Mark KA-BAR that arrived today!

2 Likes

Congrat’s @MikeBKY !!! I have always been fond of those knives. At one time I had even written K-Bar to stop putting the retaining strap up high on the sheath and to instead go with a hand guard strap as all of us would mount them to our web gear upside down. Invariably you would have 2" of blade hanging out. Looks like they never did it.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

@Denn I’ve seen knives with blades like those, but I’ve never used one… how do you like them?
and welcome to the group!

@Zee I just got my new fixed blade today
image image

1 Like

how do you like it @BJP? comfortable to use?

@Zee Yes it is comfortable to use. There is one minor change I would make to this knife if I could and that is thumb groves on the top of the blade for fine control. Just Going to now have to get used to where to put it on my belt since I will want to have it on my weak side to keep the strong side for a pistol.

1 Like

the knife is super sharp and comes with a very fine retention sheath…
For $29 I highly recommend it. it’s become part of my every day carry…

2 Likes

Nice kit @Denn! Diggin the clear mags :grin:

1 Like

thank you very much

1 Like

what do u carry in your edc?

1 Like

@Denn this is what’s in my kit tonight:

The folders are a Benchmade TSEC and a Kershaw Olive Blur with a custom Damascus blade.

I’m traveling this weekend and some jurisdictions I’m driving through have an issue with the fixed blades so they stayed home.

Tomorrow it’ll be the Dene Adam’s carry corset instead of the safari land holster.

2 Likes

Niiice :grin: tell me more what you’ve got there? I’ve not seen one up close.

Maryland (where I was today) has NO sense of humor and they don’t respect ANYone else’s 2A rights so that would definitely not have worked :laughing:

Waiting on a carbine kit for my Glock G21 .45ACP, and I’ve got a nice AR lower waiting for me to decide what I want on it. But pretty sure those wouldn’t have worked today either.

BTW love the exotic whiskers. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I’ve moved the conversation on @Denn’s awesome CZ Scorpion with the stabilizing brace to it’s own thread - I think the really useful conversation on pistol braces is deserving of it’s own thread :smiley:
@WildRose

10 posts were split to a new topic: Stabilizing braces for pistols don’t make them short-barreled rifles