ACLU Official: Innocent Unil Proven Guilty Can Be Empty Promise In Louisiana

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/article_bc9cc3b8-15f1-11ea-9000-6b3d56a770e2.amp.html

2 Likes

Occasionally, the Anti-Christian Lawyers’ Union actually serves justance instead of blocking it.

2 Likes

@Henry_A,

I do agree that you hardly hear them stand up for religious rights being violated and on their page they had one thing for the second amendment

The last time I was on there anyways.

1 Like

I apologize abjectly to the people who live and find their way through life living in Louisiana for what I am about to say. I was taught, very young it seems to me, that one didn’t want to find themselves under the long eye of the law in the great state of Louisiana. It was considered the only state where Innocence before Proof was an insufficient legal stance in the first motions of the courts’ system. Mayhap those who sought to warn me were speaking specifically about the issues reported here. If so, and if the changes come soon - they can’t come soon enough. I was under the impression it was because the legal system in these early French settlements and Colonies never really integrated with the “standards” other states accepted with joining the Federal Republic’s Union.

1 Like

Yes, sir! You are correct!

Louisiana still operates under french laws (Nepolianiac) whereas the other 49 states derived their law after the British Rule known as common law

Stop and pause:
Just last November, Louisiana became a unanimous jury state.
Meaning–Before last November eight (8) out of twelve (12) votes could make you a convicted felon.

1 Like

@Randall318
Randall? Do you foresee legal forensics teams mining the case law of people who were convicted prior to that change? It seems to me, once a new ‘goal post’ is set (for want of the right words which escape me) adjudication under the past landscape becomes suspect; especially in those instances of capital crimes where the evidence doesn’t fully support the ruling of the juries? How does this bode for the community?

2 Likes

@CHRIS4,

That is a great question! I’m going to dig into that!!! We need to rightfully serve justice here!

I’ve thought about that due to my Brother in Christ Case where he was sentenced 55 years in Angola but made parole in 20. “Pops” is what we call him

Former Army Ranger and honrable discharged at that 
 was wrongfully convicted after returning from service. You can tell by his countenance that he is not a killer (I know that is not physical or forensic evidence, but just saying)

His story in Louisiana State Prison AKA Angola went as so,.
When you enter he claims a big sign that says, “End of the Road For You”

You must grow your own veggies!

Lastly, guards encourage you to run because it’s surrounded by swamps.

2 Likes