Accidental weapon discharge frightens Hartsfield-Jackson visitors

They’re making a big deal out of this on Fox right now, but seem to know nothing. Hearing Arthel say “accidental” over and over, I realize that this community is its own harshest critic, because we call such things as they are, negligent.

5 Likes

I am wondering if it was a passenger checking in a gun, or a LEO that had a negligent discharge.

4 Likes

According to the story, the firearm discharged when the passenger reached into the bag at the TSA checkpoint after the x-ray screening detected it and the TSA officer began searching the bag. The passenger then fled the airport.

Atlanta police announced they have issued warrants for the arrest of the passenger, Kenny Wells, 42. Charges include carrying a concealed weapon at a commercial airport and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

4 Likes
1 Like

his weapon fired by accident

[sarcasm on]
I’m wondering if this weapon was in some way similar to Alec Baldwin’s. I mean, do you think we’re looking at a crisis here, a rash of guns suddenly “going off” on their own for no known reason?
[sarcasm off]

Thanks for the follow up, @Dave17. Looks like the AJC updated their headline and the story under the original link. Anyway, another dumb criminal story.

3 Likes

Even the original story laid it out pretty well

On Saturday evening at a press conference at the airport, Atlanta police announced they have issued warrants for the arrest of the passenger, Kenny Wells, 42. Charges include carrying a concealed weapon at a commercial airport and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

1 Like