I just walked to the grocery store in down town Salt Lake and got caught in the middle of an abortion rights demonstration.
A few observations:
- there were way way way more people in this crowd, 1,000+, than in any of the George Floyd protests.
- Some of the signs were pretty confusing like “Guns have Rights but my P*y doesn’t" and "Off with your Dk”.
- They assumed, an old guy standing on the corner watching them go by would be against their cause. They would come closer and wave their signs where I would see them.
- Most were less than 30 years old and most were women.
- They had NO Manners, None. The blocked traffic, walk into people, block store fronts etc.
- Not A SINGLE Cop in sight.
- They were for the most part peaceful physically.