ABC apologizes for mistaking Kentucky gun range video for Turkish bombing of

2 Likes

ABC…Always Been Communist…

3 Likes

Come on, Turkey, Kentucky, they are practically next door to each other, I am sure it is a very common mistake. :smiley:

Sad how the news is now.

3 Likes

When I first saw this I literally LMAO! I’ve not been to the Machine Gun Shoot but I have been to knob creek many times. Funny that as I watched the video i recognized part fo the range. But this tells you just how much the news is interested in making headlines regardless of the authenticity of what they are reporting. And FOX news was the first to report the ABC blunder!

4 Likes

Kentucky Fried Turkey…:wink:

4 Likes

This demonstrates just how concerned the media is about checking for accuracy.

1 Like

And, you can tell they edited out the spectators. And the media wonders why we call them “Fake news.”

3 Likes

:scream: :woman_facepalming:

Ok I really want to know how that happens… do they just say… we don’t have any video, find something that looks like war? Or does someone send them that intentionally mislabeled and they don’t bother to check?

Bad either way, but really, I’d like them not just to withdraw it but aloqute with the full mea culpa.

5 Likes

LOL! :rofl:

1 Like

Gotta love it😏. By the way, the Knob Creek MG shoot is really worth going to see. Some serious hardware there ( also I’ve usually been able to find some great prices on ammo ( the full auto folks burn a ton, so they gotta get cheap!). I don’t shoot the FA’s, but I enjoy checking them out.

2 Likes

5 Likes

@45IPAC… I think this footage was sent to ABC by @Dawn or @Denn :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes
1 Like

Like they didn’t know. :roll_eyes: They got that video off YouTube and it clearly stated when and where that video was filmed. ABC lied! AGAIN!

2 Likes

End of the day at work, that’s hysterical! Many thanks for that.

3 Likes

Think about how many people at the network that this had to pass through their hands to get on the air. Then consider that they had to edit out the spectators. This was a deliberate act of deception. They’re not sorry they did that. They’re sorry that THEY GOT CAUGHT. It makes me wonder what else they’ve slipped by and not gotten caught.

4 Likes

Like him or hate him, President Trump has done the country a great service by pointing out that most media nowadays is 100% fake.

2 Likes

Folks I truly hate it but the simple fact is we live in a day and age of “round the clock” news coverage. The networks have massive time slots to fill with “news”, and they (sadly) will☹️. You will NEVER hear them say “ well, it’s a quiet day in the world today, so we’re going to cut to Andy Griffith” or “I Love Lucy“. Nope, they’re gonna fill that time slot with something, and the more sensational something the better. Hence made up and “exaggerated “ news. Take it with a Huge grain of salt…

2 Likes

100% agree with you @Ken21 sad and disgusting but true.
And welcome to the group. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And since this story aired, many of us in the area of Knob Creek have had a little fun with it!

2 Likes