A Spring And Summer Beach Advisory

I love the water and I have requested that My ashes be put in the
Golf of Mexico in a special place.
Is it ok to show some fish Pictures :question:

to die for >> Broiled sea trout with butter lemon and parsley.

2 Likes

I’ve grown resentful to senseless killing or maiming of animals like sharks - after JAWS, there was a wave of
shark-killing that reached a frenzy. Sharks are STILL being caught and having their fins sliced off to make shark-fin soup - the sharks are dumped back in the water, to drown or be eaten by others. Remember the dentist who killed the lion? He was apparently suffering from SDS - Small Dick Syndrome.

2 Likes

I got lucky. I found a 24 foot charter boat when first started fishing in Key west. The first day I went out I had a cooler with fresh fruit, all kind of drinks and of course my snorkel gear. I showed the Captain a Silver cigarette case that had a happy smokes in it and She said ( DO ANYTHING YOU WANT ) She had a degree in marine biology and She new the Keys like the back of her hand. Thats when I knew there was a heaven. I went there for many years and got the same Captain. I was still working at the time and every time I would go there I would call work with a bull zhit story and tell them I needed a few more week off. I had a day charter most every day and night charter with her for Tarpon.
** sorry if I was too long in the tooth but I do have a lot of good memories and many bad ones but I enjoy sharing the good ones and hearing about good times that other people had.
( Thank for the Memories )
PS: thats another reason I got the nickname Blacky , never put on sun screen.

3 Likes

WOW<< looks like sharks are getting into advertising. I’d rather watch
Sharks than Medicare & Car shield commercials.

1 Like

The blonde one on the left did an earlier commercial on a padded phone case with a window that let you see and use your phone without taking it out. I don’t know what the new one is. Do you know why sharks never attack politicians?

1 Like

Cause their pull of Zhit :question:

2 Likes

@Gary_H >>> love Striped bass and Weakfish. That’s some good eating.

YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS YUNG <<

2 Likes

No - professional courtesy.

1 Like

I’ve always been a Gentle man until it’s time not to be Gentle, unfortunately it doesn’t take much. It’s a work in progress you see.
Stay safe.
PS: if your gonna play than play, if your gonna shoot than shoot, or cut bait, but you we might need a bigger boat Me Thinks.
Or you catch some Tomy codfish.

Professional Courtesy.

3 Likes

I always remember him chumming, and the shocked surprise when Bruce the shark suddenly appeared.

1 Like

@Mike164 @KURT17 >> I also spent a lot of time in Cape Cod. I can remember fishing on the tip of the Cape where I caught Beautiful stripers right after the first Jaws movie. I always liked going there in June before tourist season. It was nice and warm but the water was as cold as ice. Going in for a quick dip to cool off I still remember the bottom quickly dropping off into complete blackness. Hmmm I’m in the water, Sharks in the water ( get out ).
Thats me standing near the lighthouse at Cape Cod.
Blacky getting ready for some night fishing, Catch and release.

1 Like

The part in the Jaws movie about The U.S. ship going down after delivering the bombs and all those men gettin eaten sharks is true. There was a movie about that too. The sad stupid thing was the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were unnecessary because the conventional bombing raids before that completely disabled them. As I understand that we are still giving money to them.

PS: you know what happens when you cast the first stone.

I’m familiar with the history of the U.S.S. Indianapolis - although the captain was cleared of the two charges he was court-martialed for, and retired in '49 aa a rear admiral, he committed suicide in 1968 at the age of seventy. The ship was built in '31, and was really fast for a heavy cruiser - it delivered the components of Little Boy and Fat Man to Tinian in 10 days. It went down in 12 minutes - out of 900 men, only 316 were rescued - strict radio silence contributed to their deaths.

1 Like

Captain McVay I can feel genuine sympathy for - I think the Navy used him as a scapegoat. A certain Admiral - Halsey - was damned lucky he escaped court-martial, after his decisions at Leyte Gulf and Okinawa.

1 Like

Oc oc oc ok, so if you made it to the beach without getting into a fatal car crash be happy your good to go,
be happy, enjoy the summer, that’s what it for, blink your eye and you’ll be dust.

Thomas Helm wrote books on the Indianapolis, and dangerous marine animals back in the '60s. To illustrate my disgust over the senseless killing of sharks, he included a story about a character who deliberately fished for them, with punctured cans of Drano inside baitfish. When he caught one, he’d cut his line - and after a few minutes, the shark would appear on the surface, thrashing around as the Drano went to work on its internal organs. The practice has since been outlawed for many years, and heavy fines were imposed on anybody who used it.

1 Like

The shark in the photo looks like a “bronze whaler” - like white-tipped sharks and blues, they’re a pelagic or open-ocean species, that followed whaling ships and now merchants and liners for their garbage.

Your in the water, Shamu in the water, not safe.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: That’s just Mean! :joy: :rofl:

1 Like