A snap shot of Utahans Drinking habits

5 Likes

ā€œIn 2022, $229.89 million of alcohol sales was put toward statewide services. It went towards transportation, infrastructure, health, education, public safety and school lunches for kids.ā€œ

Thanks mom for the lunch. Donā€™t thank me Timmy, thank the VODKAšŸ¤£

5 Likes

I have no doubt this is happening nationwide. Consider the s#%t weā€™re in. I donā€™t drink, but my tv has heard enough of me.
Our population has grown as well by millions, says a lot. It ainā€™t just the suburban housewives that voted against Trump that started drinking when they couldnā€™t find baby formula!

7 Likes

My brother in law worked in a package store about 45 years. One job. He said ā€œwhen times are good, people drink. When times are bad, people drink.ā€

Iā€™m on that wagon with you. Had one beer in 2007, none since, and had had enough by about 2003 iirc.
Dead or in prison if Iā€™d continued, guaranteed. Brother in law passed at 67, sister in law at 64, fil at 68ā€¦all due to alcohol.

6 Likes

Something Iā€™d like to see more of than $ figures, would be adjusted-for-inflation per-capita $ figures, or some kind of units-per-person metric.

Growing population + inflation is going to show ā€œgrowthā€ in raw dollars even if there hasnā€™t actually been a change.

Butā€¦thatā€™s more work and probably fewer clicks so we donā€™t see it too often

5 Likes

In 2019 Utah raised its allowable alcohol content in beer in grocery stores.

3 Likes

Look up soju sometime. The United States is at the bottom of the chart with Russia and South Korea.

5 Likes

I assume that adjusted to units of pure alcohol? Even at that, thatā€™s about 1 bottle of wine per day split between two people. People in the USA are truly light-weightsā€¦ :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I stopped all alcohol at about 28,it seend that i could not stand the tast,bit earlier I was a drinker,and then my taste buds went wacko,but glad i did,just all of a sudden couldnt stand alcohol or beer

5 Likes

So it is you that is holding the USA numbers downā€¦ :rofl: I am doing my partā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

why am I holding the members down,I could care if they wat to drink,I just stated that i quite drinking about others i donā€™t care if they drink,that is their choice!

2 Likes

It was a joke, hence the reason for the laughing emoji. Aside from that I stated the USA, not members. The joke being that your not drinking is the reason the units of alcohol per person in the USA is so lowā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have no problem with a joke Dave17 at all,we are good but i do get a return joke to you in the future LOL

2 Likes

I went to law school in Utah many moons ago.

Utahā€™s relationship with liquor is simply bizarre. Liquor is sold in state-owned liquor stores and if you want a glass of wine with your dinner, you buy the wine from the state, bring it to your restaurant in a paper bag, and the restaurant will charge you a corkage fee to open the bottle and pour the wine.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve moved a little teeny bit past the Wine thing, You can get a glass of vino at a restaurant that has a state license to sell alcohol.

Just look for the signs required by law:

Iā€™m Not making this stuff up.

5 Likes

I was out working in Ogden for a few weeks in the late ā€˜90s. Someone in the bar had to ā€œsponsor youā€œ before you got in and were served. Is that still a thing?

1 Like

Never heard of that one. Must have been a private club.

2 Likes

While you are at it, look up Mokoli also.