A Quote For Today

@David38 I had never heard that. Can you recommend a book or resource about it? I love Van Gogh. He was passionate and compelled to paint. A calling, if you will. Man’s continued search for meaning. Thanks David.

@Mike164 while it is possible, I don’t think it happened that way. One of those things…I know but I don’t know how I know…. The oils were toxic if ingested or absorbed through the skin. (In large quantities I’m guessing). I paint with oils and I’m still sane. I think. Maybe. What’s that flying through the air? Why is the sky swirling? Oooh a sunflower!

(Love you Vincent! Just kidding)

1 Like

“Van Goch: The Life” by Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith, published in 2011. Their theory has been disputed but we’ll probably never know for sure, one way or the other.

1 Like

Thank you to all veterans… and especially to all of you on this site who have served and sacrificed. Thank you also to all active duty personnel still giving their all for the country.

8 Likes

Note to self…

3 Likes

depends on how a new generation of video game playing, tea tree shampoo using, patchouli oil slathered, man bun styled hair drivers who regard a car as an appliance may change the game.

Christopher_S1

@Wanda3
244th Combat Engineers/92nd Airbourne Rangers, at your service Ma’am!

4 Likes

@Jeffrey199
Thank you for your service!! Ever grateful!

5 Likes

@Wanda3
HONORED! Thank you!

2 Likes

Pet the sweaty stuff!

1 Like

That’s when they need a jump master with a size 13 boot to kick him/her in the ass to get them through.

I remember back in school teachers would talk about reading the instructions first. To prove their point; they would hand out instructions that had students doing all kinds, 20-30, of silly things. The very last instruction was to do none of the above, sign your name and turn it in. Never failed 95% or more of the class would run around their desk, sing Happy Birthday, do jumping jacks and more.

2 Likes

tp

5 Likes

common sense

3 Likes

middle finger

4 Likes

“If I’m going to HELL, let me go in my own way.” - Keith Carradine (Hickok) in the P. O. S. series, DEADWOOD.

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes