A Quote For Today

@Blacky
There is a difference between truth and facts. Truth is one’s perception of the facts. That can vary depending on the person. Each person’s ‘truth’ is different. Perhaps the rose colored glasses are really the ‘hope’ that one’s truth is or can be reality. I’ll take rose colored glasses over denial, cynicism, and inaction any day of the week.

And to me, a lie is more painful than the truth. The truth stands naked before you, a lie hides in the vague shadows of deceit.

2 Likes

All done Losing.
Good show ; TTYL

4 Likes

1 Like

I say that FACTS are the basic building blocks of TRUTH. As with all building blocks, many different structures can be built with the same blocks. Look at the facts surrounding the southern border. One person sees them and builds a bridge; another builds a wall. Both think they’re right.

This is why FACTS are so, so important.

2 Likes

@David38
This is what I love about being a therapist…helping people see that the messages they were taught (direct or indirect) were not necessarily true. Our FREEDOM lies in changing our thoughts and old beliefs (truths) that no longer serve us and were probably never true in the first place.

EX: causes of addiction are many. But take a family of mother father 2 kids…one parent is an alcoholic. Kids grow up in chaotic household, dads gets drunk, beats mom, kids live in fear and abuse. Same genes, same environment but one kid may grow up and repeat the pattern or become addicted to something (40-60% genetic). But the other kid grows up and decides he/she will NEVER do that to their kids. The facts are the same for the most part but yet each kid has a different reaction and lives their life through the lens of their personal ‘truth’ or beliefs (I’m not good enough, can’t trust men/women, the world isn’t safe, listen but don’t speak up, women are stupid, men are not safe, etc). It is all about perception, learned behaviors, temperament, and spiritual journey. Facts vs truth. Facts/circumstances pave the way and we get to decide which path to follow as soon as we become conscious of the fact that we have a choice.

The good news is the same 40-60% works in reverse. The odds are the same that that child will not become an addict. And the best news is, beliefs and perceptions, even ones decades old, can be changed…yes, they can…and therein lies our truest freedom.

I do not have to believe every thought I think. (Thank God cuz there is some funky ■■■■ going on up inside my head…). lol. There is my quote for the day.

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

“You gotta watch your step when you know the chips are down.”

• Cow Patti
2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

or people…

1 Like

2 Likes

Me: tickle your a$$ with a feather?

Her: what did you just say?

Me: awfully nice weather

1 Like

1 Like

Measure twice and, cut once.

3 Likes

I looked but didn’t see ; before I was blind, now I can see.

2 Likes

The touch of a cold hand ; shows a guarded heart, the eyes always tell the truth.
“ BLACKY “

2 Likes

Found a new Drug ( life after death )
“ BLACKY “

1 Like

IMG_8422

2 Likes