“Wanna go quail hunting?”
-Dick Cheney

7 Likes

@Karacal , Don’t think I would EVER go hunting with Dick Cheney

That was hilarous though!

4 Likes

Your hair looked like a bird to me, said Dick

2 Likes

Never trust a man who can shoot a lawyer in the face and have the lawyer apologize for getting in the way.

2 Likes

Homeland security… the one governmental agency that actually listens to you.

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

A correction officer in New York City has been charged with murder for the shooting death of a teen who had an illegal water gun.

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Why is hope a she and not it? Oh wait, it’s a girls name too. Never mind.

1 Like

I Hope She would wouldn’t make sense :grinning:

I was leaning to that’s Hope’s preferred pronoun……

1 Like

Hope explained: hope can apply to any one (obviously)…e.g. men can hope that sexy blond will flirt with them and women can hope that guy won’t be a lying scum bag MF. LOL. the point is that hope is viewed at times as something flimsy and a state of mind that is weak and passive. When in reality, it is the thing that moves mountains, flies to the moon, crosses oceans, dares to dream, invent, create in spite of the burden of doubt, fear, and old beliefs trying to crush this magnificent thing called HOPE. It is alive and well in the child who gazes at the moon and wants to become an astronaut. It is harder to hold onto in these times. I find I need a fighting spirit to do so. So far, I have all my teeth but the battle is not over.
And why is Hope in the feminine gender? Because.

1 Like

Hope is a fine thing. Hope has sustained me in dark times.

Here’s what hope Isn’t:
Hope is not a plan.
Hope is not a path or direction.
Hoping is not doing something, or anything.

Hope accomplishes nothing, but it can be the energy that allows you to DO something to help yourself.

2 Likes

@David38 Well said!

Someone once said to me ‘hope is for beginners’, meaning faith is a more advanced way of being. The thing is, not everyone is ‘there’ (wherever there is) and Hope is the thing that gets us there…through “dark times”, as you put it so well. It is an energy, a motivating force, a light at the end of a long tunnel, something to hang onto when you want to let go. Hope is the thing that whispers…try again…there’s more…imagine if…

1 Like

@Blacky
There is a difference between truth and facts. Truth is one’s perception of the facts. That can vary depending on the person. Each person’s ‘truth’ is different. Perhaps the rose colored glasses are really the ‘hope’ that one’s truth is or can be reality. I’ll take rose colored glasses over denial, cynicism, and inaction any day of the week.

And to me, a lie is more painful than the truth. The truth stands naked before you, a lie hides in the vague shadows of deceit.

2 Likes