A Minimalist Pistol Kit for HD

Welcome to the family brother @Uncle_Marty_s_Traini and God bless you.

2 Likes

Thank you, brother!

1 Like

Great disccussion.
Lots of good recommendations.

Take them all, package them into a private lesson.
Refer them to your area rep for an insurance plan.
Earn yourself that new referal bonus / credit.

1 Like

I shot for qualifying for my CCW shortly after an election.
Our newly re-elected Sheriff supplied the targets and backers.
The backers were her political signage. :laughing:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t use a snake they sell a very specific just small handgun cleaning kit with everything you need.

2 Likes

I would argue that if the experienced advisor helps to assure excess factory gunk and crumbs have been cleared, the minimalist outfit does not really need additional cleaning of a decent modern pistol which only runs a couple hundred rounds. More kit always accumulates. :wink:

But I would further argue in favor of a traditional kit over a bore snake if practical because:
– it is more useful and versatile in cleaning and problem solving; and
– its use will provide more familiarity and comfort with the gun/operation/components.

1 Like

Dorothy,if you are interested there is a bra holster that is made it sits one the center strap and can de used in the down position,or the up position,just google women’s bra holster

2 Likes

Is that 9mm pencil a #7 or a #9?

2 Likes

Thanks, I will check it out

2 Likes

Dorothy
many ranges have women’s groups, ladies range nights, and female instructors. These are all great sources for info on carrying techniques and styles. It is also more fun to have a training buddy. You will find great information and instruction/training on the USCCA site. Enjoy the ride, and stay safe always.

3 Likes

Dorothy,here is a link for different holsters for women and the reviews https://www.flashbangstore.com/

3 Likes

MedKit with a tourniquet and something like quick clot. If you are planning to shoot at someone in a HD situation you should also expect to be shot at 
 and if the unfortunate happens and you do get shot you want to be able to do something to help yourself while you wait for emergency services to arrive. The when seconds matter help is minutes away applies to medical services as much as it applies to policing services. Oh and get training like all tools you need to know how to use them when the situation arises where they are needed.

3 Likes