A mess up that could have went really wrong. Words of wisdom...Keep your gun on you at all times!

Ok, the other day I had bought something off my local Buy Sell Trade Facebook group. I had left the house in a rush and grabbed my pistol ( I have my concealed carry License for my state) that was in its holster and grabbed phone etc and left the house. I got into the car and threw my gun in the glovebox and locked it up as I live on border of another state and was crossing that border. I had to meet the guy at the Walmart gas station in the town just over this border, I arrived a few minutes early and the guy text me and said he was gonna be about 15 minutes late, I told him no problem. Meanwhile I had to go to bathroom. So I go to use the the bathroom at the little Walmart gas station where I was waiting. I go in, shut and “LOCK” the bathroom door (remember now my pistol is still in my glove box locked up in my locked Jeep. I sit down and all of a sudden a man opens the bathroom door and walks in (this is a one staller bathroom it is open concept no walls around the toilet and the toilet is facing the door). My first thought was…“I don’t have my gun” I screamed at the man and told him bathroom occupied!! The man screamed as well saying he was sorry and ran out. Evidently the lock on the door did not work! I am sharing this story to first say I have truly learned my lesson to at all times have my gun on me and hope others reading my story also learn from it as well, 2nd off this scenario could have NOT ended this way. It could of easily gone wrong had this man not have been a good citizen. (By the way, when I came out the man’s face was red as he sincerely apologized all over himself.) But this whole thing bothered me really bad as I played out in my head how all this could have went down bad for me. And as I said…“Lessoned learned!”

2 Likes

Glad this one went your way, CherGal. Out in public is no place to be unarmed!

Regards.

2 Likes

Thank you David38. Yes, very true about the unarmed in public!

1 Like

Even on my happiest most optimistic day I won’t go to the Wal-Mart unarmed. Wouldn’t want to be caught with my pants…er…you know.:wink:

Regards.

2 Likes

Haha Absolutely!

1 Like

UGH! I hate it when the bathroom doors really don’t lock when you think they do! Glad it turned out OK with only some embarrassment.

I will play devils advocate for a moment - what would you have done differently if you had your firearm?

Glad to have you here, @CherGal57!

1 Like

Hello Dawn and thank you for the warm welcome. Your question is a very good one. I would have done exactly what I done, however had he not turned and left or refused to leave, I would have pulled my pistol out and gave another warning (especially in such small proximity). However, I would sure rather never to have to use my gun. And I am anxious to know what others think on my answer and how they would handle the same. As I said, this is a good question and also this is how we learn, from one another.

2 Likes

I was hoping to hear something like what you said, @CherGal57 :slight_smile:

I’ve heard bizzarre responses to questions like that. Glad you’ve thought it through!

2 Likes