A little advice Glock or 1911?

I own both but for EDC it has to be Glock…Why? They always go bang.

I like both platforms VERY MUCH. You do have a lot of ‘time-in-grade’ with the 1911-series, though. You could do a whole lot worse than a Commander-length or an ultra-compact 1911-series in 9mm.

Do you have a rental range where you could test-drive prospective purchases with range guns? Give any of the short-handled ultra-compacts a thorough test drive if possible before plunking down hard-earned cash for a pistol. I cannot do well with stubby handle lengths due to my large hands. The Glock mini-guns flat don’t work for me, but the mid-sizes G-19 and G-23 work quite well. I do have a Glock 29 in 10mm…what a flippin’ handful. FUN–but a handful.

HTH.

As a matter of fact I do, great idea. FYI grip situation the same, don’t like shorts, however the new G43X is .75 longer than G43.
Do you trust rental guns?
I’m pretty anal about my own firearms. I mean I can account for every round fired through every weapon I’ve owned. I keep better journals on my weapons than I do for my car, does this make me a gun nut?
Appreciate the advice. Thank you.

Generally, I trust rental range guns. I’m not going to put 250 rounds through one, but I have used them to assess hand fit and recoil dynamics.

1911-series pistols are UNGODLY STRONG. I have stories…

That 43x sounds like a nice unit. I wish they could come into CA.

Don’t know about wise and sophisticated, my wife thinks the 1911 makes me look fat!

1 Like

Find a friend or friends that have each and go shoot them.

1911 45 ACP was first semi-auto pistol I started shooting 20+ years ago and have a special love for anything 1911 style.

IMHO, you will not go wrong with either. The one you shoot the best is the one that is right for you.

I always tell friends with no firearm experience that they cannot go wrong with Glock. There are so many in use around the world by law enforcement and military.

I have a Glock 43 and built an SS80. I am not a fan of the Glock trigger but like several of the aftermarket triggers that are available.

The 1911 trigger is the most liked trigger of competition shooters.

I have a P938 and was able to shoot it well right out of the box. The G43 took several hundred rounds till I felt comfortable with it but still had better shot placement with the P938.

Neighbor purchased a Kimber micro 380 with laser. I helped her with it including shooting a couple of hundred rounds to get it operating reliable. I was able to hit what I was aiming at with very few misses. I like it so much, I purchased a 911 380 with Green Laser. The laser is nice for hitting without using the sights at a distance but I can acquire target and shoot faster with the iron sights than the laser inside 7-yards. The 911 has been my EDC after over 1,000 rounds at the range. Yes I just purchased it this year.

If you were located near Charlotte, I would say lets get together so you can try shooting the Glock 43, P938, and 911.

Before purchasing the 911, the research I did rated the P238, 911, and Kimber micro 380 all pretty equal.

Not limp wristing are you? :smile: :smile: