A Good Example that YOU are YOUR Own First Responder

7 Likes

Anyone who does not understand this enters the world at their own risk.

7 Likes

Google these:
[your city’s] Police Department serving [your city’s population] residents
[x ] number of sworn officers and
[y] number of civilian staff

I did the math and I don’t like my chances.
Granted, we have an awesome PD doing a great job.
Still, they’re outnumbered.

4 Likes

my town is 70,000+ with 100 officers, of whom 35% are doing anything but law enforcement.

1 Like

I’ll have to look this up. What is the number of LEO in my county, number on duty at any specific time vs total population. I don’t expect a quick response since I live kinda out in the country and know i am my first and only person protecting me and mine. Also since I am out a ways, how much more delay time should be added?

Don’t delay at all. Call for an attorney as soon as you end the 911 call.

The criminal fool lying there bleeding can reflect on poor life choices while waiting and waiting for the ambulance to drive all the way out to the country…

And then again maybe they aren’t as foolish as they seem. Attacks out in the country don’t seem as frequent. Maybe they got the memo?

1 Like

7 Likes

I also live “out a ways”, making my LE first responder the Sheriff’s Dept. or maybe the State Police. I live near the eastern edge of the county and know from experience that driving from here to the western edge takes 25-30 minutes minimum. At emergency speeds that could be cut to maybe 15 minutes at best.

It’s not just the number of LE vs the number of residents. It’s also the number of LE vs the number of calls, distance from you, road conditions, time of day/traffic, and available routes. A few summers back there was a car wreck with injuries right in front of our place. We dialed 911 and the Deputy arrived in about 8 minutes; the ambulance in 15 minutes. (Happy ending- everybody lived)

If there’s shooting going on, 8 minutes is a long time.

6 Likes

We have a pretty good Sheriff Dept. But its a wide area. I know once someone sent a call for assistance. 25 mins to on scene. It was not they weren’t trying to get there. It was time and distance. So its up to us when seconds count. Educate and train our bodies and minds best we can. :us:

2 Likes

In the town I live in there was a Sonic shooting–2 dead, 2 wounded-- response time (according to the police-- 3 min), parents shot by son (both survived) 4 minute response time (according to police), bank robbery-- no injuries – 4 minute response time and so on… the point is that the police WERE NOT there when needed. No insult-- just PROOF that one MUST be one’s own first responder.

6 Likes

average time up here in the Keweenaw 20 min - 60 min.
for law enforcement
the fire rescue 10 minutes and they are volunteers
gota love Bootjack Fire and Rescue volunteers

Mike

2 Likes