43X, 48, or 19

… 48 #. …Ditto. After careful experimentation, for me, I’ve arrived at the same conclusion. Little “hidden” gem or nugget, almost feels like a best kept secret. An acquired taste, not for all.

Perhaps I’ll find some interesting reads on how the shape of one’s hands affects fit and selection; I’m always amazed how two different or more people have completely different experiences with the same firearm. To each his/her own, I guess.

1 Like

@Scoutbob would you consider the 43x or 48 to be snappier than the 19x?

There is a little more recoil. I found the 43x to be very controllable for me. I am able to get a really solid grip on the gun and it aims exactly where I want it to.

I carry the 19X because I shoot it well, BUT the 43x shoots very well for me. The grip is perfect for me, the aiming is natural for me, the controls are all in the perfect spots, and I felt very comfortable shooting it. If I feel that comfortable shooting the 43X, than I’ll carry it over the 19X because the size difference is huge. I don’t feel like the 43x is really a compromise for me like I do other pistols. For example, the P365 and Hellcat were very snappy for me and I did not like them. The 43x shot like a big gun for me (and it is bigger than those, but I’d rather be very confident and shoot the gun than carry a small one I don’t like). 43X was really fun for me to shoot.

The 19X is such a great shooter. I tried a g19 gen 5 and it did not shoot as well as the 19x. It doesn’t make any sense because the only difference is a little more grip and my grip on the 19 is not bad, but the 19X is just flat out awesome for me.

In other words yes, but the difference is very minimal. The 19X is the best 9mm I’ve shot, and the 43X won’t beat it with its size. BUT I liked the 43x more than the 19 for some odd reason.

Notice I didn’t say much about the 48. For some reason the 48 didn’t do anything for me. I could shoot it. It would be a good carry piece, but the 43x really clicked for me for some reason. I just like the mullet glocks I guess :grin:.

I bet you there wouldn’t be a whole lot of difference between the 48 and 43x but I shot them back to back and again the 43x was just “the one”.

1 Like

After tens of thousands of rounds thats how i feel about the 48. I have all the Glocks you named above and then some. I wanted to hate on the 48 because i already had a couple 43x’s but after much testing to include most big name companies fmj offerings and at least a $1000 worth of hollow points in everything from 115gr +p and +p+ to 147gr the 48 proved to be more accurate and have faster shot to shot recovery.

I too love all my G45’s and 19x. My go to war pistol is a G45 but might find itself replaced with my new Roland special as it just passed a grueling 1,500 round endurance and accuracy testing protocol.

Im delighted that your happy with your 43x i know it will serve you well as mine has been great since the day they were released.

I am interested in what testing you did to make your decision and ammo types you used etc.

I love hearing what others do to evaluate a new carry gun. Most just buy one because it looked cool and shoot less than a few hundred rds and say its the greatest thing ever. Keep me up to date on your accuracy and round count.

1 Like

No extensive testing. I bought the cheapest box of 9mm I could buy. I shot some in a 43x and a 48. Found the 43x more fun to shoot for me. On paper I thought the 48 would be better, but I enjoyed the 43X more.

I’m glad I shot the guns back to back before making a purchase because I really like the 43x. I think it will be an excellent carry gun to pair with my 19X.

I found the 48 to have a weird weight to it, BUT I’ve heard many say the opposite. The 43x is like my shields and 19x had a baby. It just felt right and shot right for me.

Way cool. But how bout some # 42 talk? lol :blush:

I shot that the other day. It was a really cool little gun. I just don’t like the price of .380 ammo.

1 Like

Don’t know who this guy is but what he says is basically what I experienced.

Honest Outlaw and TFB TV both said there wasn’t any really substantial difference in accuracy between 43x and 48. Not saying their experience is the same as everyone else’s.

Ohhh, i do have a G42, love it

2 Likes

Put 230 rounds through the 43x today including a few rounds of 147 gr HST. Just installed new sights on her. Going to take her for one more trip to run a few hundred more rounds through and call it ready for carry.

Great little shooter for sure. Can’t wait till the holster comes in.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I think you made a great choice. I’ve been running the snot out of my 43X and 48 for over a year now and carry them interchangeably. They both sit on my night stand. Shield Arms 15 round mags are the BEST and I run them exclusively in both gun and have probably a few thousand trouble free rounds through them with the SA mags. If you go that way PLEASE get the metal mag release Shield Arm sells for the gun. It’s about a 5 minute upgrade you can do yourself. Just about every malfunction I’ve seen with SA mags is because the user decided to keep the crappy Glock plastic mag release which will not work well with the metal mags.

Sorry about the crappy shot…

2 Likes

Between my 48 mos’s and 43x’s im over 20,000 rounds easily, actually getting closer to 30k. They have been trouble free ZERO malfunctions and phenomenal accuracy. Just ran my 48 mos out to 150 and 170yds on a reduced size ipsc steel and it was fairly easy to get very consistent hits. How many service pistols or even micro compacts that are that capable.

2 Likes

I went to the range today and rented one. Not bad at all, it’s a 19 that went on a diet.:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Wolfy ! I’m vested in # 48, and wondered if t’was good decision. Appreciate your having been down that road. Peace.

3 Likes

Your very welcome @Burdo. Im glad i could be of help.

3 Likes

43X Has a little over 600 rounds. It had one hiccup around round 370. I was running cheap remanufactured ammo (didn’t realize it) and I had a failure to feed. It’s also possible I lazily hit the slide release. Could be a combination of a bad grip and bad ammo. I’m not concerned about it any longer. I’ve had zero issues since.

I replaced the sights with Ameriglo Spartans. Took me a couple range trips to get them right where I want them (first time pushing sights and I realized I pushed the rear sight the wrong way).

Very happy with the gun. I’ve started carrying it this week. I like that I don’t have to dress around the gun like I do my 19x. It’s also more comfortable. I’ll still probably carry the 19x from time to time. As of right now the 19x is my go to HD gun. That’s still my favorite handgun.

2 Likes

Glock 19 would be my choice.

2 Likes