43X, 48, or 19

Of course now I’m playing around with the idea of a 26. I would have to find a reliable pinky extension (preferably adds a few rounds). I hate having a dangling pinky, BUT if I ever need to do deeper concealment, the option would still be their. Holster and mag compatibility would still be there and grip angle and hopefully trigger will be similar.

I think the g19 is the perfect grip for my hand, but the difference in length compared to the 17/45 is negligible to me. The difference between the 45 and the 26 is huge. I could probably get a baseplate that would make a the 26 grip identical to the 19.

Still leaning twards the 45, but we will see. I still like the idea of the 45 becoming my dry fire pistol and having a back up.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need a 45 and a 26;)

2 Likes

Indeed :joy: wouldn’t mind a 19, 43, 17, and throw in a 21.

2 Likes

I carried a 26 for a couple years, used an X-Grip to get the length I needed. Then moved on to a Gen 4 19, never looked back.
Get the 45, add tritium sights, then you will have a black 19X😉

2 Likes

I’m sad, local sporting goods store had a G45, G48, G30, and G19 (gen 3).

I really liked the G48… but if I buy that gun I’m going to have to buy a new holster, two shield arms mags, and new sights… $850 ish… if I bought a G19 it would be gun plus sights. It’ll be $700…

It’s quite tragic really…

1 Like

Get the 48, you won’t regret it, it quickly became my favorite edc pistol. I have around 5-6 thousand rounds on one of my 48’s and more than that(closer to 10k) on my mini Roland 43xmos. These pistols conceal easier, and shoot every bit as good as their bigger brothers.

2 Likes

You need a 45X to go with your 19x😉

2 Likes

I love my Glock 45. When I first purchased my wife and kids stole it right out from in front of me and ran 1000rds of ammo through it in one day. So much for making a safe queen out of that one lol.

3 Likes

The real downfall I’ve seen with these is if you have to basically commit to them. Your Glock mags won’t work well with the metal mag release they recommend with them. Which is a real drawback.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right, my brother set up his 43x MOS with the shield mags. He did run about 4-500rds with the factory mag catch but ultimately switched to the metal one. He did say after he pulled the factory catch it did have quite a bit of wear on it from the metal mags.

2 Likes

I went to the local range and shot the 42,43, 43x, 48, 19,

I was very impressed with the 43.

I performed the best with the 43X. I thought I would prefer the 48 but I didn’t shoot that one as well. I found the 43X to be very easy for me to get on target and shoot accurately.

The 19 didn’t impress me, I much prefer the 19x.

1 Like

My 43 is extraordinarily accurate. My wrist issue in my left wrist is keeping me from shooting it much now due to recoil on it. I absolutely love my 43x’s and 48’s. Went out today with my son and he was banging steel out at 120 plus yards with my 48 mos.

2 Likes

I’m kind of torn. Part of me wants to pick up a 45 to go with my 19X. I already EDC the 19X and I really like it. I want to get another big Glock for home defense, but I could also get a 43X and move the 19X to home defense. BUT I already have a good holster for the 19X/ 45 and a bunch of mags. I like the idea of the HD gun and carry gun being the same so all training with the pistols translates over.

I don’t really have a problem carrying the 19X though, but I preformed well with the 43X. For that size gun it would probably be a better option for carry. I felt right at home with it too.

1 Like

I had similar experience with a # 48. How did it compare for you to the 19? I found them too close to call, but liked the width of the 48. How bout you though?

How do you like finger groove/combat grips on a # 19? Guess the size and shape of the hand, as it differs, a person might have different preference.

Get the 43X for CC, use your 19X for home, and get a G45 for back up home.
I have been really thinking about getting the 43X for summer but since think that’s just a easy excuse to buy one.
Just picked up a G20, not sure if I can justify the 43X😉

1 Like

What’s been your experience with the difference between the 48 and 43X. I actually preferred the balance of the 43x and I felt I was able to get on target faster.

I kind of wish I liked the 48 more but I didn’t. It wasn’t bad, but the 43X was an unexpected “wow” moment. Problem is the 43X is a little harder to find. My LGS has one for $511. Where as one of my local stores has a 48 for $450 and a 45 for $550.

It happened.

I was shocked to have fallen in love with this gun. I always thought it was stupid. It’s capacity was low (not sure if I’m going to go shield arms or not), it’s small but not that small so I figure you may as well carry a 19.

When you put the gun next to a shield it is actually very similar in height due to the grip angle of the gun. It will be a breeze to conceal AIWB while also giving me a full grip (I want a full grip when grabbing a gun that’s sitting above my :cherries:). The gun naturally aims for me. I don’t see any issue transitioning between the 19X and 43X. The grip angle is the same and the triggers break and reset in the same place. I’m very excited to break this gun in and start carrying. I love my 19X and I will still probably carry here and there. I carry the 19X because I shoot it well, but the 43X has turned out to be a great shooter and I think it will be a huge improvement for carry.

Love the Glocks!

5 Likes

I absolutely prefer the 48 to the 43x. When they first came out i swore i wouldn’t get one. I thought they were ugly and just didnt understand why that over the 43x? Well now i own multiple 48’s and it has become my favorite Glock.

The 48 has less felt recoil, faster follow up shots and balances better in my hands than the 43x. I wish i would have gotten them sooner.

3 Likes

Well, congrats on the purchase. Looks like you made your choice. Hope you love. Let me know how it goes.

2 Likes

I just liked how the 43X pointed better and I liked the recoil. I used to carry a Shield 45 so the recoil difference between the 48 and 43x was negligible to me. The 48 just didn’t feel as balanced to me as the 43x. I feel like the 48 is kind of awkwardly long for it’s thickness. I decided to just go with what I found performed better for me. I’m really excited about this one.

On paper the 48 should have been the winner but for me but after shooting them back to back the 43x was better for me. It kind of makes sense 43x is like my beloved shield and 19x had a baby.

1 Like